• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got my 5 ton stuck in the woods in snow and mud.

bigboy44

I had that problem with my M932A1! I got the air up to 120 and locked it in and nothing, while the truck was running (in neutral and brake applied) I got under the truck and made a few taps with a small hammer on the actuator at the transfer case and it broke free. I cycled it several times and it works fine now. I hope this helps, may prevent a dismantle.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
subscribed
Instead of making a single word post in a thread you find interesting. You can click on the thread tools button in the top right of the first post to be able to subscribe to the thread. [thumbzup]

Jeep Nasty

It's the piston. When installed backward, air passes by it, then vents into the intake stack via the transfer case vent.
And let there be 6 wheel drive. Thanks for the spot on diagnosis. The piston was backwards with the deeper cup facing the wrong way. The pics show the piston before and after removal. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392416468.291697.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1392416496.284767.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1392416526.913138.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1392416544.950386.jpg

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's amazing how people help each other out on this site! Thanks for the follow up and congrats on being a true 6x6 again! :)

God bless,
Tony

162tcat

Glad I could help. Was this a RRAD rebuilt truck? I've yet to buy a truck from GL with functional 6wd. Same problem every time.

Jeep Nasty

Glad I could help. Was this a RRAD rebuilt truck? I've yet to buy a truck from GL with functional 6wd. Same problem every time.
No rebuild on this old girl. she has all of her 35k miles on her. I think it was a Maine or NH National guard truck. A couple small drips here and there but runs great. CTIS was neutralized when I got it so I've removed the valves at the wheels. Other than that, no real problems until the 6x6 mystery.