• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got my -A3 Trailers Home

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
On 7/23/09 I won an M116A3 and an M101A3 out of Blount Island in JAX. I went up yesterday to fetch them. Met up with Lavarok and Aboonski on the road just north of Melbourne. They were fetching Lavaroks trailers as well, he got the same thing. Both if his were nicer than mine but hey, I like what I got! Anyways got both of them unloaded today and took quite a few pics in the process until I realized that there was no media card in the camera. Moral of the story, check your pics. Attached are some of the pics I did get. The M101A3 is an excellent trailer and I'm going to enjoy using it. Because of the wider stance, they moved the entire fenders outboard 5". There is now 55" between the fenders in the bed. The M101A1 only has 45". Anyways, here are some pics of them and my DD.

Attachments

dc3coyote

And yet you did not make the trip to my house on the other side of the state....
Careful your winch might look real nice on the front of my unimog....
Nice Trailers but I really need a crane now.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Manual says 1340#. Another note, when the M101A1 is behind the contact Maintenance truck, you can't see it. With the -A3 you can see the fenders!

usmcr55

Good Job!
Mine was delivered three days ago from Red River Army Depot. Unfortunately it turned out to be an M101A3 box on an M116A2 chassis. I guess that's the risk of buying sight unseen and being green to boot!! I thought I was buying something that would match up with my HMMWV.
Question for those of you more knowledgeable: Can one put HMMWV wheels and tires on this trailer combination?
Best regards to all.

Attachments

Pinz25086

Looks good Kenny! Wish I knew you were going to be that close to my house. I would have met you for lunch. Are you going to keep them?

Wayne

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wayne, keeping both of them. My M101A1 is going to find it's way to Devilman96's place. It was a quick (as it can be) up and back with one stop for food on the highway. Still was gone 13 hours and went 600 miles.

usmcr55, that looks to be an -A2 box. It doesn't have the fenders moved outboard to cover the tires. It's a late model box though, has the reinforced corners and lift rings. You could probably add spacers to get the HMMWV rolling stock on the trailer but you might need fender flares. The -A3 specific axle is raised in the center to provide ground clearance similar to the HMMWV. Too bad your all the way across the country, I'd swap axles with you! The genset trailer is getting an -A2 axle and a different body.

Joseph, I'd love to see the yellow color go away but until I can get the cylinders repacked, there is just too much oil leaking to paint the thing.

Last edited:

joeypushjr1

hey recovery4x4 i was noticing did you add liffting shackles to your suburban.. cant really tell cause cant see front of truck.. thats cool i know it off subject and this post was fromawhile back. im just looking at different threads tonight cause i was bored.. joe

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
hey recovery4x4 i was noticing did you add liffting shackles to your suburban.. cant really tell cause cant see front of truck.. thats cool i know it off subject and this post was fromawhile back. im just looking at different threads tonight cause i was bored.. joe
Sure did Joe. Never know when you will need to use the old towbar. Haven't done the back yet but it does have a military trailer plug in the bumper.

Attachments

Fitbaboss

m101a1 to civilian trailer plug/adapter

i have both a m101a1 and m101a3 trailer, i have an 84 Military k5 blazer pulling both off the nato plug fine, but wanted to know how to get an adapter to use with my 05 silverado....i am new to this, so be gentle! LOL

number9

I got one of these at Tractor Supply - it was only 6' long and $30 I think - and put on my M116A3. I think the 6' length was just right, if anything a *tick* too long maybe. Looks a lot like the one that came on the trailer.

Hoppy 7-Way Molded Connectors with 8-Ft. Cable, Model# 20146 | Wire + Connector Cable | Northern Tool + Equipment

I got the below info from searching on this site ...........

4pin flat harness to the factory harness:
Circuit 21 to Brown wire = running lights
Circuit 22-460 to green wire = right turn
Circuit 22-461 to yellow wire = left turn
White wire to good ground on the trailer

12Volt bulbs = 67 and 1156 bulbs

The other circuts dont worry about, they are for the black out lights which you dont need for a civy truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks