• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got my cargo cover installed!

houdel

I finally got my new (to me) 3 color camo vinyl cargo cover installed! It is not an actual Deuce cover, it is for a LMTV 2 1/2 ton military truck and is about 6"-12" too long for the Deuce. I installed it with the rear if the cover where it should be and pulled the excess cover down over the front.

If you look real close, behind and just below the top of the right mirror, you can see a bulge where the actual front of the cover is. One of these days I'll take it off and have the local canvas/awning shop cut out the extra so it fits right.

You may also notice I have repainted the front bumper, and added my old unit designation, Co. A, 2nd Bn, 181st Infantry (Mech).

As you see, I still have a lot of touch-up to do on the paint, especially the wheels, but its getting there!

Attachments

houdel

Thanks all for the kind words. My Deuce is still "Work in Progress", it is going to be a driver, not a show truck (by my choice,it is VERY solid, mechanically excellent, only minor cosmetic rust, could be made into a great show truck but that is not what I bought it for).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks