• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got my deuce! and got it stuck within 30 minutes of picking it up LOL

Redneckbmxer24

Well I went today to DMV this morning to take care of the title work, and then headed to Warrenton to pick it up. I decided on the way back I would hit a local mud hole so I had my brother drop my F250 in a court close by and hop in. We started down the powerlines and it was handling the mud like a champ. We got to the end and what looked like another small hole was over 3 feet of marshy mud and the front end went strait down as soon as I pulled in the hole, I immediately tried to back out and it was a no go. The was a bunch of cut up firewood somebody had dumped on the woods so we started sticking it under the tired in hops of getting it out and that was a no go. Next was to walk the 2 miles back and get my F250. I got the F250 there and ended up breaking my VERY heavy duty strap 4 times trying to yank it out, I had a good samaritan in a blazer come and try to assist but it was useless. The winch wouldn't work properly so I ended up paying a big towtruck $250 to winch me out.

Overall it was a good experience and I learned that I should have checked the winches operation before taking it offroading. It took a little over 6 hours to get it out so I didn't get home until after 7pm. I did cruise it to chipotle a little while ago though and people were breaking their necks looking at me like I was crazy pulling it into the chipotle parking lot. When I came out I could smell the stinkin mud when I walked out of the door a good 100' away. Anyway, here are some crappy cell phone pics.

mikey

nice deuce, looked clean...

we used to do the powerline trails at quantico with our jeep wranglers.... good times, lots of mud...

Josh

I had my deuce stuck 3 days after I got it. It took me 45 minutes with a shovel to get mine out. Havnet had mine stuck that bad yet. But one day I will.:cookoo:

cyamaha2007

well if you were in warrenton mo i would of helped haha. Ive had good luck with chaining a 6ft post to 2 oppisite wheels the get out big trucks. When you spin the wheel over the post will dig in and usually back you out. USE WITH CAUTION...LOL

Redneckbmxer24

What on the winch didn't work?
At first it would reverse and it pulled some then it stopped working all together. It won't do forward or reverse, I'm going to mess with it tomorrow and see if I can figure out what the problem is.

well if you were in warrenton mo i would of helped haha. Ive had good luck with chaining a 6ft post to 2 oppisite wheels the get out big trucks. When you spin the wheel over the post will dig in and usually back you out. USE WITH CAUTION...LOL
Thanks, that's good advice, how do you go about chaining them to the tires though?

You better get the winch fixed
Yeah I'm going to get it fixed ASAP and get a new cable for it. Do you by chance know how long the cable on it is?

Redneckbmxer24

I'll check it out. Is there any good writeups I can use as a reference for checking it out? I need to replace the cable regardless though. Has anybody tried any of the synthetic winch cable on these?

KsM715

Everyone that has a deuce w/winch (or any MV w/w) should have a copy of FM 20-22. It makes good "reading room" material too.

A

A/C Cages

You need a deuce like mine, it will never get stuck. Of course I never have the time to ever take it out to get stuck anymore. lol
Ok you got the better deuce, at least you have the time to play with your toys. lol

jwaller

I'll check it out. Is there any good writeups I can use as a reference for checking it out? I need to replace the cable regardless though. Has anybody tried any of the synthetic winch cable on these?
ya, there are entire threads dedicated to what kind of rope to put on the winch. Please don't ask how to check the brake fluid.

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Since this is a Got Stuck Thread, this ^^^ is a really good idea. You can use wire, chain, or straps through the holes in the wheels to tie on blocks of wood. Go easy, and you can usually back right out. It is like a grouser on a cat track.

First time I saw that trick was the first time I ever saw a deuce.

Cat skinner got our D7 stuck in a spring while clearing land for a pasture. We got the neighbor to come up with his deuce, an old gasser setup as a yarder, to pull us out. Wouldn't touch it.

Then some oldtimer suggested tying 6x6 wood blocks to the tracks. That did it.

5ton4ever

It could always be worse. It could be me that was stuck.:wink: Just kidding. At least it was only $250 to pull you out. In Calif. big rig wreckers are about $400. just to come out. And don't ask me how I know that.

Redneckbmxer24

ya, there are entire threads dedicated to what kind of rope to put on the winch. Please don't ask how to check the brake fluid.
I searched on the site aswell as on google and found nothing pertaining to the winch cable. Thanks for the smart ass respone though...

Since this is a Got Stuck Thread, this ^^^ is a really good idea. You can use wire, chain, or straps through the holes in the wheels to tie on blocks of wood. Go easy, and you can usually back right out. It is like a grouser on a cat track.

First time I saw that trick was the first time I ever saw a deuce.

Cat skinner got our D7 stuck in a spring while clearing land for a pasture. We got the neighbor to come up with his deuce, an old gasser setup as a yarder, to pull us out. Wouldn't touch it.

Then some oldtimer suggested tying 6x6 wood blocks to the tracks. That did it.
I'm definitely going to get a couple 6X6's and some chain for future offroading.

It could always be worse. It could be me that was stuck.:wink: Just kidding. At least it was only $250 to pull you out. In Calif. big rig wreckers are about $400. just to come out. And don't ask me how I know that.
Yeah Henry's wanted $500 to winch me out, I LOL'd and told them there was no way I was paying $500 for 30 minutes worth of work.

as much as they weigh, it dosnt take much to turn one from a truck to a submarine in a deep mudhole. glad you got yours out without any damage, and nice looking truck
Yep you hit a real soft spot and they go strait down. I think if I had lockers, locking hubs, and super singles it may have gone through. I sure am glad I didn't have to leave it there over night though.

ODDBALL007

Well I went today to DMV this morning to take care of the title work, and then headed to Warrenton to pick it up. I decided on the way back I would hit a local mud hole so I had my brother drop my F250 in a court close by and hop in. We started down the powerlines and it was handling the mud like a champ. We got to the end and what looked like another small hole was over 3 feet of marshy mud and the front end went strait down as soon as I pulled in the hole, I immediately tried to back out and it was a no go. The was a bunch of cut up firewood somebody had dumped on the woods so we started sticking it under the tired in hops of getting it out and that was a no go. Next was to walk the 2 miles back and get my F250. I got the F250 there and ended up breaking my VERY heavy duty strap 4 times trying to yank it out, I had a good samaritan in a blazer come and try to assist but it was useless. The winch wouldn't work properly so I ended up paying a big towtruck $250 to winch me out.QUOTE]
i did the exact same thing but in a pond.

Attachments