• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GOT MY M1008!! Question for GPR experts

warlord381

Wow! I got it!

I scored an M1008 recently. Here is the story...

The golf course at Selfridge was selling off some surplus vehicles and golf carts recently and active duty personnel were given top priority for the sale. I was lucky enough to be the first person in line the morning of the sale. I was actually just looking to pick up a couple golf carts to mess with but there was a M1008 that I couldnt pass up.

I was told it sat for the last several years in the lot but it looked pretty good so I bought it. I didnt expect much. When I tried to start it the batts were good but the GPR or glow plugs didnt work so I hit it with starting fluid and to my surprise it started! ( I know its not wise to use starting fluid but I didnt really expect it to work) I drove it away!!!!

I have an M1009 and an M35A2C but I always wanted an M1008. It looks like I got myself a great project. BTW when I started it today I herd a clunk when the "WAIT" light went off and it started! Could I be that lucky?

There is a orange wire near the Glow Plug Relay thats not connected to anything and I'm not sure where it goes. Any ideas? Here are some pics...

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Was this an auction or a purchase sale? I'm curious what you paid and will they provide the SF97? Looks good to me!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It looks like the voltage sense wire. It should be on the output side of the relay.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, you could have just looked at your M1009...

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would test that relay for an isolated coil. Just to be sure it's compatible. It should have continuity between the two small terminals and no continuity from either of them to ground.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The orange wire is for the GP system. It connects with the other orange wires.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is that brown flaky stuff all over the springs and such? $800 with title? Grand theft, you might need to submit fingerprints.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Indeed, a real deal. Good for you!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like you'll need to spend a couple of bucks for a new exhaust system.

So where do I report the crime too? You stole that truck!!!

engineman2

That is dang good. Any car that runs is worth 500 bucks, and you got a M1008 for 800! I hope that air filter cover in the bed is not the one that should be on the air filter. :beer: