• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got my M1009 from Nellis yeterday

rceldib

After only a two week wait for my EUC to be approved, and this was my first EUC, I am happy to say I picked up my M1009 from Nellis Air Force Base in Las Vegas. The Gov Liq info said "Runs" and sure enough it fired up after some cranking and a large cloud of white and black smoke. After checking fluids and putting air in the tires I drove it home to Los Angeles with a totally uneventful trip, thank goodness. It drove wonderfully.
The first order of work for me is to give it a good cleaning, change the fluids and filters replace a broken vent window and get all the lights working.

I would like to run biodiesel in it eventually. Does anyone have any comments on the fuel filter. Is there any choices in fuel filter that may be more compatable with biodiesel?

Thanks,
Ramsey

Snuffy74

Lol, I think I was bidding against you on that truck! Congrats. I'll be up there to pick mine up sometime next week.

epitts

If you are going to run the truck as a daily driver, biodiesel should be ok. However if the truck will sit alot biodiesel can go bad and cause problems with the IP. You may also need to upgrade your rubber fuel lines if running 100% bio

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
I got a 1009 there at Nellis in that auction also, but no EUC for me, I got tagged for periodic review. . . aua

rceldib

Good luck. Which ond did you get. I was bidding a couple. I ended up with my second choice. The other one only had ~27,000 miles. The one I got has ~66k. Did you get one that said "Runs"? The transaction went very smoothly. Chris is the guy you meet out in the yard. I went through the Alpha Level security. Got to the Logistics Depot where Chris' office was. Signed in. He took me out to the truck. Fired it up. I signed the sales paperwork. Checked the truck over, then drove out.

Looked like they have several hundred M1009 and M1008 parked there. Chris said they will go up for auction as he get's thru them.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
His first post said it was his first EUC. Only 10 days...wow

I had heard some of the trucks had forklift damage. Must have been a rumor.

Great score!!!!

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
His first post said it was his first EUC. Only 10 days...wow

I had heard some of the trucks had forklift damage. Must have been a rumor.

Great score!!!!
Yeah, 10 days wow is right, I don't get it, I've got 2 outstanding EUC's form the beginning of Jan. . .

Snuffy74

This was my first as well. Took under 2 weeks to clear.
I ended up with an '86 that doesn't start, 49,000 miles. I can't see any forklift damage on mine in any of the pictures, and I have better ones than the auction photos. Maybe they were just gentle with mine, but I haven't seen the drive shaft yet.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
This was my first as well. Took under 2 weeks to clear.
I ended up with an '86 that doesn't start, 49,000 miles. I can't see any forklift damage on mine in any of the pictures, and I have better ones than the auction photos. Maybe they were just gentle with mine, but I haven't seen the drive shaft yet.

None of the 1009's have DS damage, probably because of the short wheelbase, but most have a kiss on the sides near the doors. . .

rceldib

Mine doesn't seem to have any forklift damage. I don't know if it running has anything to do with that. I cleaned it out today. Some minor rust so far. No wholes, all surface. Had a good spare, two jacks and a neat OD Green Fire extinguisher. No radio rack in the back seat though. My son put his Airsoft M5 in the gun rack.

rceldib

I was shocked it happened so quick. I was expecting 60-90 days. I'm not going to complain though. Today I am going to fiddle with the light switch as the lights are not working.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Chris told me they don't even bother trying to drive them off the trailers, they always use the forklifts, "saves time" were his exact words. . .

br44

Lol, I think I was bidding against you on that truck! Congrats. I'll be up there to pick mine up sometime next week.

wow... your not the only one :)
I just purchased one about the same time as you. Mine had 27000 miles on it and it ran. Was plain olive drab too if that rings a bell. I am Picking mine up tomorrow and bringin it back to my hometown of Ramona California.

its a small world!

br44

Good luck. Which ond did you get. I was bidding a couple. I ended up with my second choice. The other one only had ~27,000 miles. The one I got has ~66k. Did you get one that said "Runs"? The transaction went very smoothly. Chris is the guy you meet out in the yard. I went through the Alpha Level security. Got to the Logistics Depot where Chris' office was. Signed in. He took me out to the truck. Fired it up. I signed the sales paperwork. Checked the truck over, then drove out.

Looked like they have several hundred M1009 and M1008 parked there. Chris said they will go up for auction as he get's thru them.

Yeah i was bidding on them too. I'm the guy who got the 27000 mile one.[thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks