• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got My M101A1 Today!

THE_TITAN

1968 M101A1 Complete with everything. Has 3 brand new tires, got it home about 2pm and had it all converted to 12V 4-Way plug by 3pm. Going to repaint it OD Green soon and undercoat the bottom.

Last edited:

THE_TITAN

I just swapped the bulbs to 12V and swapped the wiring harness from Nato 12 Pin to a standard 4 Pin Setup via the junction.

I thought about white, but I want to keep it somewhat original. Gotta respect these old military vehicles. I dig them all orignal, I am not much for modding classics.

moose53

I have a 68 case master body M101a1. I did the same thing, kept it original, just changed the bulbs to 12v and made a nato 12 to Flat 4 adapter so i could use the trailer with my civvy truck...

Jim

THE_TITAN

The 9.00-16 Tires are pretty much the exact same size as my 35's I have on my truck. The truck and trailer have the same ground clearance and sit perfectly level. I love it, can't wait to get it painted and get it to work. I think I got a pretty good deal too, it came complete with the cover and the bows, as well as the spare tire and all 3 have brand new tires. I got the rig for $450 as it sits.

THE_TITAN

I went and checked on my paint before work this morning. It is for sure going to need another 1-2 coats before it is done. That paint dries a lot thinner then it goes on. This was my first experience with an electric painter. I also found you have to thin it way down for the electric gun.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks