• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got My M101A1 Today!

THE_TITAN

1968 M101A1 Complete with everything. Has 3 brand new tires, got it home about 2pm and had it all converted to 12V 4-Way plug by 3pm. Going to repaint it OD Green soon and undercoat the bottom.

Last edited:

THE_TITAN

I just swapped the bulbs to 12V and swapped the wiring harness from Nato 12 Pin to a standard 4 Pin Setup via the junction.

I thought about white, but I want to keep it somewhat original. Gotta respect these old military vehicles. I dig them all orignal, I am not much for modding classics.

moose53

I have a 68 case master body M101a1. I did the same thing, kept it original, just changed the bulbs to 12v and made a nato 12 to Flat 4 adapter so i could use the trailer with my civvy truck...

Jim

THE_TITAN

The 9.00-16 Tires are pretty much the exact same size as my 35's I have on my truck. The truck and trailer have the same ground clearance and sit perfectly level. I love it, can't wait to get it painted and get it to work. I think I got a pretty good deal too, it came complete with the cover and the bows, as well as the spare tire and all 3 have brand new tires. I got the rig for $450 as it sits.

THE_TITAN

I went and checked on my paint before work this morning. It is for sure going to need another 1-2 coats before it is done. That paint dries a lot thinner then it goes on. This was my first experience with an electric painter. I also found you have to thin it way down for the electric gun.