• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got my SF-97.. its a FL title !?!?!

paulfarber

I just got my Registration, weight class sticker and title today. Everything is correct and proper.

While I did have to call DLA and 2 chats with GL, the entire process was as smooth as it it could have been. I may have spent 30 min on the phone and in chat sessions to Sheppard the process.... but I knew going in that with so many govt agencies involved the fact that anything gets done is amazing.

So from winning bid Dec 2nd till today my M35a2 journey is complete.

All in all not a bad experience. I would do it again if I needed another one.

This site is a great reference and makes the process much more understandable.

davesgmc

inKS you dont need an sf 97 or a title, if it was sold in KS to a KS resident, and is over 35 years old, all you need is a bill of sale, IE your invoice when you bought it. Simple and quick.

kawhill

Greetings,

New guy here. Just bought a M35A3-C from a guy in Hutchinson, KS. He had it registered
in Reno county but did not have an SF 97 or title. What do I need to do to get it titled
and registered? Thanks and regards.

Kawhill

Ride2Kill

Greetings,

New guy here. Just bought a M35A3-C from a guy in Hutchinson, KS. He had it registered
in Reno county but did not have an SF 97 or title. What do I need to do to get it titled

Kawhill
You should go down to your local/county DMV and ask them. Here in Denver, I did exactly what your needing to do a couple years ago. I don't belive GL will give you a title/SF97 because you didn't buy it from them.
I went through **** to get a title for mine. Takeing it to the highway patrol, getting it weighed, writing letters... I hope KS isn't as bad.

kawhill

SF97/Title

Thanks Ride2Kill, I will go pay a visit to the DMV. I don't doubt
there will be plenty of hoops to jump through, but it will be worth
it to make "Bella" a legal eagle on the road.
Thanks and regards.

Kawhill
Tom Lenherr

greenjeepster

Greetings,

Kawhill
Looks like an A3 will need a title because it isn't old enough... Did you look at his registration to make sure it belonged to said vehicle? Maybe he just threw a plate on it from something else.

kawhill

Yes, I saw his registration from Reno county and it had the correct VIN #, etc. on it. After I found this site and started to do some research I called
the seller and asked him about the title. He told me that he had sent the
paper work into the state to obtain the title and when he received it he would run it out to me and sign it over. This sight is very informative. Thanks and regards to everyone for their advice. I'll borrow my wife's
camera and get some photos uploaded of the truck.

Kawhill
Tom Lenherr

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks