• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got my snow plow mounted!

joeinaforest

that looks great!!! definitely on my to do list! Can you add any details like, where the blade was intended originally and any other parts you didn't custom fab?

thx!

Joe

ranchand

The plow came off a 68 international loadstar 1700 4x4. It was an ex city truck. It is 9ft wide and very heavy duty. It basically consists of four parts; the plow, the part the plow hangs from and the two mounts I fabbed up to attach it to the deuce.

eldgenb

It does not stick at as bad as we thought it would, looks good, now you can fix the ruts I made in your yard with the 920!

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
that looks great! my M35A2 has a winch, so i often think of all the weight that the plow would add. another member on here has a plow on his and it works great for him. I would love to put a plow on mine but i allready have a plow on my jeep, so i probably wont put one on. I'll put tire chains on it instead and if i get my jeep stuck this winter, ill pull it out with that. I like how you used the factory tow hook mounts to mount the blade. I was thinkin about doing the same thing and mounting another set under the bumper. if i was going to mount a plow. Did you put power steering on yours? Looks very very good, you should post a video of it in action!:beer:

eldgenb

I am not sure what dave is doing, probable plowing the whole block so I will answer a little for him. The entire setup in held in place by 6 bolts and nothing is left on the truck when it is time to put it away. No power steering but I am sure we will be working on that before next winter.

ranchand

Thanks Eldgen, the third pics kind of shows what stays on the truck. I can remove everything but that via 1" pins. That bracket can then be removed with 8 5/8ths bolts. Prolly take me like 1/2hour to remove/install. The bracket is right about axle height so I will remove it in the spring but the deuce should function pretty well with on. I'll upload a video later this afternoon.

Last edited:

REO 54

Nice job ranchhand!I guess you'll have hands full this winter.I just completed a cross state tour from Anacortes to Colville and back in my deuce to see how it would do for wintertime driving.Did well.I think I need a deuce for the east side of the state though,with a plow.Look's like we might have a winter like we did a coulpe of years ago .

lonegunman

Where do you hide your truck? I have not seen another deuce around town except for the one plowing the shopping center at Shadle and whatever is parked at Army Dave's. Next time is snows like yesterday you might have to drive out to my place, haha.

We actually had a county snowplow drive down our road. That was a first, they usually come by during the spring thaw.

ranchand

I live just south of hatch road off 195. Sorry there's no video yet as I can't get it to upload:evil: Anyone else have problems uploading vids taken with a droid?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks