• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got my treadwright tires in....

Srjeeper

Darn Good Tires.....

I have had three complete sets of these tires and have yet to have a problem. The set I have on my TJ right now is going on their 4th winter, and still look new. The shortest any of these sets has lasted is 5yrs. 58,000 miles on a 2500 3/4 ton PU.

Now I rotate my tires every 5,000 miles when I change oil. I regulary check tire pressures, but still have never experienced a flat with one of these tires.

So don't knock them less you've tried them..

You can't beat them for the money and I off-road the TJ.

www.treadwright.com

Cucvnut

i had a friend use the old tread patten that looked like a dunlop mud rover but with a center tread in it. He had them for about 3 years before they started wearing odd but besides that they where good tires for him.

Srjeeper

Yep...

when you order a set of 4 do you get four with the same brand case?
If you ask for 'Matching Cases' that's what you'll get.

The set I have now are matching BFGoodrich All Terrain T/A's and the other two sets were Michelins. They asked what type vehicle I was putting them on and sent correct cases for the vehicle.

As a matter of fact, the set I changed out after 58k are on one of my neighbors hay wagons for almost 2 yrs..

jbingvtx

I manage a shop for the largest retailer in the known universe I sell and install tires all day. I have seen people bring in re-caps that have identical tread but on 4 different brand casings, that can't drive right. I'm looking for a set for my Yukon the prices look good but I really don't need anything that aggressive because its never off road. Even with my discount at work I'd be spending about $25 more per tire over the treadwright but the shipping is estimated at $113 so there goes my savings. I will keep these in mind for the CUCV that will one day be mine.

linx310

The really cool thing about this company is if you call you can request what casings you want. You may have to wait a bit longer but they will eventually get them out to you.

From what I under stand they match them in pairs and try to get you a matched set.

A guy on another forum reported that one of the tires he got though would not balance out, he called the company and they shipped him a new tire out the next day. He got to keep the tire that would not balance as a spare.

Every thing I read online says if you have any problems they will take care of you.

Last edited:

Farmin2010

How well do they do in the snow? I have a feeling I will be needing a new set of sneakers for my M1009 in the near future and the tread pattern on these looks like they should do well.

zout

Quick question - along with matching the casings - are they matching the date codes on each of the casings so they are all the same date range ??

This may be what you are stating but I am not sure - just checking.
thx

Srjeeper

If that's all that important to ya, your better off talking to them. They'll spend all day on the phone with ya, answering all the technical questions you can come up with.

This is a good company with a good product....if you need to hear more, than give em a call.

Nonotagain

look like mtrs. they are retreads?

Yep, they're caps.

My one and only experience with retreads left me with a $600 repair bill when the cap came off grabbing the tail pipe and driving it up thru the rear fender.

The only way that I would now run a cap would be a rear tire on a commercial vehicle operated in town.

I can get BFG radials thru the wholesale club for $25 more per tire and have lifetime road hazzard warranty.

wikallen

my F250 needs new tires before winter, I may give these a try. I change them out myself with my HF tire changer, and run equal packets for balance. $406 for four shipped. If I were to get 50,000 miles out of them, I would be happy.

whiskey yankee

If you want something cheap and you're not going to go fast, get a set of Treadwrights. They are not going to last a long time and if you let them go too long, the worn out tread will detatch and yes, that may break your vehicle. Inspect your tires.

I've had tire stores try to mount TWs and complain that they don't balance well. I feel like half of that complaining was because I was avoiding buying expensive tires from the tire store. I've had a pair on my Jeep for 25k+ miles and they're pretty worn. I think now that I'm not buying a lift and tools and tires all together, I might replace the Treadwrights with new BFG MTs because taken alone, the price is much easier to swallow.

My only problem with TW is that they are retreads, but for retreads, they're pretty good. If you know what you're getting, you might consider these a pretty good deal.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks