• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got My Truck

David_4x4

Well here it is after patiently waiting for a couple of weeks. 1971 AM General M35A2 with the LDT-465-1C. I drove it home today. Roughly 80ish miles and then I probably tacked on another 10-15 just driving around town. Runs really good, has some minor body issues here and there. Plan on giving it a full fluid change and get everything lubed up this weekend. Also got a M105 trailer to go with it.

Major plans are giving it a nice Vietnam paint job and just have fun with it. :p

On a side note. I couldnt have done any of this stuff and any of the future stuff without my dad. Greatest person in the world.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
David, great looking truck! Have fun with it. If you have any questions, this is the place to be, thee are some very smart people here.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks good! I hope you enjoy it. These trucks are really fun to own.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great looking truck. I couldn't see any body work that was needed, but pictures do hide a lot.

I like the red stenciling on the fuel tank. I once had a deuce with red stenciling on it. It was a DE AR NG truck. I was going to re-stencil it with red letters as it was when I got it but decided against it because I figured it would require too much explaining when the "experts" tried to tell me how incorrect this is.

Good luck with your truck!

Bruce

Olney, MD
--------

1991 M149A2
1989 M932A2
1989 M925A2
1989 M101A2
1988 M977
1988 M105A2
1987 M1045
1987 M105A2
1985 M1009 (3)
1970 M149A2
1964 M129C
1963 M332 (3)

David_4x4

God I love this thing. Fired it up this morning on a nice 60* morning. Rolled the windows down, opened up the fron windshield and drove around. :p To bad Im now stuck at the office. :cry:

The only big problem with the body is the driver side fender has a wrinkle in it and the paint has chipped away and made a nice rust spot. Nothing that cant be dealt with. The passenger front windshield is cracked and it needs mirrors replaced. But overall it's a really really nice truck.

FSBruva

David -

Congrats on the truck. You'll find that during the first couple months, driving with the windshields open can be a little - interesting. I kept getting bugs in my teeth because I had such a huge s**t eating grin on my face. Enjoy the truck, and there is absolutely nothing like running errands in a deuce - makes for a wonderful afternoon.

Matt

David_4x4

FSBruva said:
David -

Congrats on the truck. You'll find that during the first couple months, driving with the windshields open can be a little - interesting. I kept getting bugs in my teeth because I had such a huge s**t eating grin on my face. Enjoy the truck, and there is absolutely nothing like running errands in a deuce - makes for a wonderful afternoon.

Matt
Surprisingly I haven't had bug problems yet, but bring them on. I need the extra nutrients to pack on couple pounds.

I did have a problem with dust and tiny rocks etc though. :lol:

houdel

How about a picture of the left side. I have the same camo pattern but my drivers's door was hacked over with a spray can. I'd like a better idea of what the driver's door is supposed to look like, assuming yours is more or less original.

David_4x4

houdel said:
How about a picture of the left side. I have the same camo pattern but my drivers's door was hacked over with a spray can. I'd like a better idea of what the driver's door is supposed to look like, assuming yours is more or less original.
Here you go along with a couple others.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks