• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got my TX Former MV tag today. Easy!

blacktop_one

Finally received my SF97 for the deuce today, so I took everything to the Cypresswood Tax Assessor/Collector office and was out of there with my plate and title in less than 30 minutes. I did have to walk the lady through a couple of items, but overall it went a lot easier than I expected. Total cost was only about $135. BTW, I noticed that GL put the GVWR as 18000 lbs instead of 23000 like I had expected. So that saved me some $$$, maybe? If you're in the Houston area, that office has the plates in their stockroom and now they know how to do it. A big thanks to Barrman for his helpful post on how to get this done!

Barrman

Glad it worked out for you. I took a SF-97 to my tax office yesterday to register a M101A2. They had a new girl there and I started off by telling her I wasn'y trying to be mean or anything, but I really need to deal with Ms. so and so because I have a different kind of registration. She smiled and said she could do it. 3 minutes later the lady I wanted to deal with was there making fun of me picking on the new girl.

It turns out the switch over from TXDOT to TXDMV deleted a few things from their computers. They couldn't make the computer take the bumper number on the trailer. They tried and could make it work if they called it a truck, but not a trailer. They called Austin a few times, I left to go pick up Colton from school and came back to find 4 ladies all on hold with different people in Austin. They finally registered it as a regular trailer with an issued plate, then went back in to edit that registration over to former military vehicle with my bumper number as the plate. I walked out with a paper saying the M101A2 was a former MV with my bumper number as the plate number, so it all worked out ok in the end.

I think I will add this to my TX fmv registration thread.

blacktop_one

That's good info to have, and just in time, too as I'm bringing my m105a2 home tomorrow and will be making another visit to the tax office soon to get it done. Thanks!

txdodge43man

I go to the Cypresswood office to get my stuff done as well. When I got my Deuce done last year they did not care the plates at that office good to here they have them now. Ill be doing my M105 at the office soon.

graham

truck with no title

i found a deuce that dose not have a title the owner can not be found the guy that bought it has had it in a field . i was just wondering would it be hard to get a title?

Barrman

International Title Service with a bill of sale and $250. Or you could bond the title through your tax office and county. I have done both in the past and the cost is about the same. The bonded way is more legal, but takes a lot longer.

Or just buy it for parts and never plan to put it on the road. That might actually be a great investment since they aren't making these things anymore.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks