• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got rid of my 156ft vessel!

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
God grant me the serenity to accept my Olive Drab Addiction,
The courage to continue avoiding the Battlleship Gray (or Coastie-White ) Addiction,
And the wisdom to know the difference.
Amen.

Now, where do I sign up for hte Twelve-Step Program :?::!::?:

jamesfrom180

:lost: Why was this in the CUCV section? There should be a Naval section too! Cool story, always wondered what it would take to set up a freighter for when Castro/Raul kicks off down south.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ever think about donating that to state then sink it for a artifical reef system and see if you could write off a million dollars of you taxes:lol:

BlueToes

i did let city and coast guard do some confined space work in the dark with rescue crews and such. vessel had been used as a processor vessel for salmon. has four large fish holds and massive freezer section too. also tendered fuell to the fishing boats that came to deliver fish. fuel capacity was at just over 56k gallons. and i did just figure out how to go to different forum before starting a post, so shall try not to crash the threads around any more (srry). I did however drive the wife and I to watch said vessel departure in my cucv! just forgot to tag a fender in one of the photo's.

mckeeranger

Now, where do I sign up for the Twelve-Step Program :?::!::?:
You already signed up when you joined Steel Soldiers

12 Step Program for OD addiction:

1. Join SS Website for information and inspiration
2. Buy an M35
3. Post pictures of your new toy on SS
4. Buy an M105 to pull behind your M35
5. Post pictures of your new toy on SS
6. Join the big boys and buy an M809, any kind will do
7. Post pictures of your new toy on SS
8. Join group sessions ( also known as SS Rally )
9. Post pictures of the rally on SS
10. Start using your trucks to haul Veterans and Boy Scouts in parades.
11. Pictures! Always remember to post the pictures on SS.
12. Repeat steps 2-11 as needed, until cured. (in other words, until you are dead)

Katahdin

Congratulations! Fishing Vessels have either killed or bankrupted the men in my family.

The worst was when my Uncle's boat dredged up a WWII German torpedo and exploded in 1965. The incident made it way into the Navy's munitions guide for Commercial Fishermen: Munitions at Sea Eight were killed, including my uncle.

My Dad was a hand on that ship, but he messed up his hand on a dare the trip earlier and had to sit it out. The deck hand who replaced him was killed. I might not have been here today!

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
what a story.. sad but true.. not enought time or money.. and no other route to take but get it out the door.. sorry but now you can move on to other mvs[thumbzup]

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Years ago GL auctioned off a railroad car down in Lynn Haven, Florida. I happend to be in the neighborhood and previewed it. It had been a guard car off of a Minuteman Missile train...had a bunkroom, bathroom, big genny built into the back.

I did a lot of checking about moving it and even had a place to park it at (railroad museum). I backed out at the last minute and another guy bought it for 1500 bucks. They had to push it from where it was sitting to the main RR line with a front end loader because the bridge between was condemed by the RR.

It would not have been the dumbest thing I ever did but it would be close to the top.

BlueToes

lol, i agree, and im sorry i missed it.... 1500 bucks...with genny....dang....good thing i missed it....wonder if it had some extra armourplate on it..probly not many weed covered spurs to park on and camp out...

AceHigh

Congratulations! Fishing Vessels have either killed or bankrupted the men in my family.

The worst was when my Uncle's boat dredged up a WWII German torpedo and exploded in 1965. The incident made it way into the Navy's munitions guide for Commercial Fishermen: Munitions at Sea Eight were killed, including my uncle.

My Dad was a hand on that ship, but he messed up his hand on a dare the trip earlier and had to sit it out. The deck hand who replaced him was killed. I might not have been here today!
Amazing story. I watch the Deadliest Catch and wonder at the men who are willing to do that work!

Capt Pat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It might have been a yard oiler at one time, ( a navy small tanker for refueling ships, also known as a YO) but it has has serious conversion from the looks of it, Looks to be listing a bit too while being towed out. that is an issue if they were going any distance. Those "oil cans" can be dangerous that way. Ran them in the Navy, glad I'm not towing it..... And NO, a cucv wouldn't make a good anchor, too light and too soft in the skin, though I've seen the Army try to use one for one unintentionally.

Last edited:

littlebob

I've always wanted a ship, but the lotto hasn't been a billion yet. Something that big has to earn its keep.
As another post stated, you can always say you owned a ship! Glad you got it off your back.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks