• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got Snow?

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fargo ND is as of yesterday morning aquired 31 inches so far and OH yea I forgot yesterday was the FIRST day of winter and I dont mean to REPEAT MYSELF but I need a cab on my tractor, blowing snow last nigh was just plain cold!!! I couls survive without snow just fine!
KK

Monty

don't want none
don't need none
average snow fall from where I moved from was 154 inches a year.

don;t even wanna think about the white stuff

and if it gets colder here I will be the first MV/RV to tread to Costa Rica and open an MV rv park - [thumbzup]

yankees's want warm
northerners want it hot
easterners wanna move west
westerners wanna move east

Well this yankee would like to move from Wisconsin to Alaska!

Snow is just froze water;-) And the more the merry

armytruck63

Just a few flakes here, you have to look really hard to find any.... We will take all you want to send us though, we have been dry.... too dry... lake levels are sinking again! We had some last year though! Glen
Your third photo looks like the geese are getting the flock out of there!

combatmech

Wow..thats just insanity WARWAG. When we were up at Tahoe over Thanksgiving, we had quiet a bit. It snowed in Norfolk last week, but I didnt really miss anything being down south in Florida.

Ruppster

Member of questionable origins
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well this yankee would like to move from Wisconsin to Alaska!

Snow is just froze water;-) And the more the merry

I hear you on that one. After three tours to Alaska during the last 20 years this Florida boy would rather be up there then down in the lower 48. I think this year is going to be the first winter we've been through in 13 years with out any snow. It just doesn't seem like Christmas when every thing is still green. :)

For those looking for snow pics here are a couple (along with a couple of videos) that we took when we PCS'd out of Alaska 13 months ago. The first picture and video are from Watson Lake, YT, while the secong pic and video are from the middle of the Canadian Rockies halfway from Watson Lake to Ft. Nelson, BC. I'm driving the semi truck with trailer and the wife is in her van. The roads were so bad out of Watson Lake (plus the snow kept coming down all day) it took us 6 hours to go 150 miles to where the second picture and video were taken. When we saw the hotel out in the middle of nowhere we said the heck with it and stopped for the night. I had snow chains for the truck and thought I was going to need to put them on for some of the hills but never had to. The second picture shows how the road is following along the side of a large lake. This is the main road (the only road) that connects Alaska to the lower 48 and it's just a small two lane one at that.

Anyhow, warning on the two videos. They are large. One is around 40 megs while the other is about 50 megs.

http://www.dodge-semis.com/2009_Trip/Trip_01.jpg

http://www.dodge-semis.com/2009_Trip/Trip_02.jpg

Videos:
http://www.dodge-semis.com/2009_Trip/Trip_01.mpg

http://www.dodge-semis.com/2009_Trip/Trip_02.mpg

Ruppster

Last edited:

cfish

So far here in eastern NC we have received 5 inches and still falling. We are only 20 miles from the coast. Have been driving the CUCV all day in it and its a blast.

Tanner

Costa Rica

After 54 years of fighting, plowing, hating snow, I've been thinking about a southern move. Costa Rica sounds like a possibility! :driver:
Costa Rica will probably allow you to use your truck for more than just parades or static displays - heck, you might even get to haul something in the bed... :mrgreen:

'Tanner'

whatsagoodalias

12" here in Virginia Beach. CUCV is my daily driver and the Swamper TSLs are not the greatest in this weather. Anybody who has ever been in this area (stationed in Norfolk perhaps?) knows that nobody pretreats roads, they just attempt to lay down sand after a few inches accumulates on roads.

Attachments

midcounty

Doesn't look like we will get much snow this time, only maybe a inch. :-( I was really hoping for a repeat of February.
If you want more snow Bob, come over here to the shore. Hard to tell how much we have, as the wind has blown all day. I was going to take the Deuce out for a trip to the store, but thought I may regret it being I haven't got wipers on it right now.

DieselBob

If you want more snow Bob, come over here to the shore. Hard to tell how much we have, as the wind has blown all day. I was going to take the Deuce out for a trip to the store, but thought I may regret it being I haven't got wipers on it right now.
Looks like the shore got the most this time. I was talking to a friend in Lewes De. and around 16:00 today he had about a foot over there. I would think not having wipers would make for an interesting drive. I think I will invest in a heater for the cab this year. Back in February when I was running around the inside of the windshield kept icing up and soldier "B", the wife, had to keep scraping while I drove. Kinda looked like the keystone cops going down the road.