• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got some new Big Toys

gem1410

Got three 900 series trucks from GL last week--They were $4500 each which seemed cheap--I used my friend Phil to move them since I am not that brave anymore to jump in and drive--Phil had to work hard as it was hot that day and we took 2 of the trucks on one trip--Just as we left the yard the state police were there doing FREE truck inspections--They let us pass--The humvee in the pictures I bought last year and only had to put in 5k and 400 hours to get it back together-----The big trucks are a bargin --Any members get anything interesting latley ????

Attachments

Last edited:

automaton79

Awesome Trucks

Looks like a great find. I hope to be able to add some Mil-Spec vehicles to my collection one day. Don't have any yet, or the cash to pony... but the appear to have much more reasonable prices than I would have expected.

I do have a question about the 6 wheel 4x4 drive vehicle you posted:

I'm assuming it's diesel, how large is the tank and what is the expected range in a well maintained example?

Thanks for sharing!

gem1410

I have 11 vehicals--3 m35s--three 900 series--2 m151--1 m998--some trailers--sold 75 m35a2s over the last 3 years--5 m818s--10 blazers--50 trailers--some 5 ton cargo trucks--aircraft loader vehical--sold lots of m151s years ago

mcmullag

900 series

Me thinks we are just beginning to see the entrance of the 900 series (especially cargo trucks) to the GL site. I see 900's being used a lot in convoys traveling up and down the interstate here, from Ft. Carson. I think that 900 series trucks will be plentiful for 2 or 3 years on GL, just my two cents.
I am going to get my CDL so I can get one someday since they are full air brakes. :razz:

I'm also in NJ, in Hamilton Mercer Co. Not too far from you. I just purchased my first military truck (M932A2) via GL and have not yet took delivery of it. Would you mind "showing me around" these style truck? I'm completely new to this, no military experience.

Scarecrow1

I have A 923a1 in Delaware I have to pick up in the next week or so . Long ride to get it ,but like you said and I agree two years ago Deuces were lining up and down the GL sights now all you see is junk for the longest time. I wanted one but the five tons are bigger better and cheaper , In the numbers they are being pushed out they too will soon be hard to find so grab them while you can ......