• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got Some Technical Difficulty ??s

David_4x4

Just have a couple questions I've been pondering about.

I purchased some replacement wiper arm and blades when I visited Memphis equipment a couple weeks ago. Today I went to swipe them out, and well was puzzled as to how to put the new wiper arms on. The old ones just screwed off the shaft, but the new arms don't have anything thread wise and I cant figure out how Im suppose to put the new ones on. Do the threaded parts transfer over from old to new? Or what? :?

My other question is what size are the grease inserts that are used on the propellor shafts?

Thanks in advance

David

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, on my junk, the wiper arms just have a kind of tapered hole and the nut unscrews from the wiper motor arm. Looks like it's kind of wedged onto the shaft with the nut. The joints that I have taken the zerk fitting out of have been 1/8 pipe and 1/16 pipe thread. Hope this helps.

texas-5-ton

I'd be happy just getting the arms off of the wiper motor shaft. I took the screw off but can't seem to pull the arm off of the shaft. What am i doing wrong ? ? ? I don't want to destroy it getting it loose.

littlebob

On the second question I had one missing on one of my propeller shafts and bought an assortment from harbor freight that had the one that fit, I'm pretty sure the one that fit was 1/8NPT. If you do the assortment like I did make sure you don't get the metric, they have both

David_4x4

Re: RE: Got Some Technical Difficulty ??s

texas-5-ton said:
I'd be happy just getting the arms off of the wiper motor shaft. I took the screw off but can't seem to pull the arm off of the shaft. What am i doing wrong ? ? ? I don't want to destroy it getting it loose.
Start turning the arm counter clockwise. See if that doesnt begin to unscrew them from the wiper motor shaft.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks