• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

got the 5 ton home!

Sambor

Picked up the 931A2 in Norman Ok. today around 1:30 and pulled into Fort Worth at 5:30 Travelled a little over 190 miles on a little more than a half tank-- gauge appears to be pretty accurate. Speedo is within 1-2 MPH of dead on. The soldier at the base had already made sure it started and everything worked EXCEPT someone forgot to reinstall the washer bottle, and during shuffling the trucks around the storage yard broke the tail light assemblies- right side really bad and completely broke off the left rear-rear brake can from the backing plate. It appears to be threaded into the plate. It also broke a fitting off the can so needless to say, it leaked. Trucked stopped well enough, but if you stayed on the brake pedal it used it up pretty quick. Luckily not too many stops between Oklahoma and Texas. Other than that, it ran perfect after the tires remembered what round really is, and everything was normal on the gauges. Temperature was over 107 on the road and it never got over 200-210. So, thank you to all who gave me advice on what to expect and how to operate it-- went just as ya'll said. John R Dunn

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
210 is real hot. Mine on the interstate in New Orleans on a 1 hour trip to Miss avg 190-195 with the nhc250 2100rpm @ 59-60mph. These beasts runs cool.

You are real lucky on the brakes. Best thing would have been to cap off the line and not lose air!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks