• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got the deuce stuck for the first time, and pulled a jeep out

So yesterday I was screwing around in the snow at school and backed into an 8 foot snow bank at about 6-8mph. After lunch I decided I could get in further, so I grabbed third gear low and wound it out in 6x6 headed for the pile, blasted in and decided I could go even deeper. So I back out, put it in high and slammed it in second high, got a little further, by this time half the parking lot is watching and I was told by an administrator that I get one more try, lol. So backed out one more time, far as I thought I needed, and again 6x6 second high I blew in and made it within a foot of the concrete barrier. I had snow up to the hood and idled down while having a smoke and shut her down. Fast forward 3 hours, I fire her up to leave, wait to warm up and then put it in 6x6 reverse low, go to back out and just spun all 3 drive wheels..... That 200 degree motor melted the snow under the front end and left me stuck. So with a helping hand from a buddy, two shovels and a bucket, we had me dug out and free in a little under an hour.

Oh yeah, in the meantime, some idiot in a wrangler decides that his 4 inch body lifted jeep decided he can get as high and deep as my jeep deuce... Well he winds up not even 1/3 of the way in as me, and more stuck than I was, so I tell him if my ratchet strap can't get him out, he's on his own because that was stupid if I was that stuck no ****e he was gonna get stuck worse. So I back up, wrap the loose end through his 2 bumper loops to make a little triangle, hook the ratchet end to my one rear chain loop that gave me the straightest angle, tightened it up, and in 1 low just let the clutch out and without hesitation the deuce pulls him out like he's not even there.

All in all, quite gratifying, and a bit fun. Lol. Who else had snow adventures these past few days?

James

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
lucky you didn't blow the radiator, and/or get your self high centered in frozen packed snow

I had checked it that morning when I backed in, it was fresh plowed soft pack. I'll post pictures when I get to my PC, been doing most posts from the iPod lately. There's also a video I'm going to try to get emailed to me

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wonder how many epic stories start out with "screwing around" and "snow" ?

You left out - "Hold me beer and watch this chit!"

8)

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I'm talking about packing the snow under the truck, at the axle from forcing it into the snow bank

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So yesterday I was screwing around in the snow at school and backed into an 8 foot snow bank at about 6-8mph. After lunch I decided I could get in further, so I grabbed third gear low and wound it out in 6x6 headed for the pile, blasted in and decided I could go even deeper. So I back out, put it in high and slammed it in second high, got a little further, by this time half the parking lot is watching and I was told by an administrator that I get one more try, lol. So backed out one more time, far as I thought I needed, and again 6x6 second high I blew in and made it within a foot of the concrete barrier. I had snow up to the hood and idled down while having a smoke and shut her down. Fast forward 3 hours, I fire her up to leave, wait to warm up and then put it in 6x6 reverse low, go to back out and just spun all 3 drive wheels..... That 200 degree motor melted the snow under the front end and left me stuck. So with a helping hand from a buddy, two shovels and a bucket, we had me dug out and free in a little under an hour.

Oh yeah, in the meantime, some idiot in a wrangler decides that his 4 inch body lifted jeep decided he can get as high and deep as my jeep deuce... Well he winds up not even 1/3 of the way in as me, and more stuck than I was, so I tell him if my ratchet strap can't get him out, he's on his own because that was stupid if I was that stuck no ****e he was gonna get stuck worse. So I back up, wrap the loose end through his 2 bumper loops to make a little triangle, hook the ratchet end to my one rear chain loop that gave me the straightest angle, tightened it up, and in 1 low just let the clutch out and without hesitation the deuce pulls him out like he's not even there.

All in all, quite gratifying, and a bit fun. Lol. Who else had snow adventures these past few days?

James
As already mentioned.....

nopics

If there ain't no pics, it just didn't happen.... LOL

:deadhorse:aua

And , yes, a pic is worth A THOUSAND WORDS :-D

Thanks for posting this up.... GREAT FUN !

srodocker

well i was going to go do some doughnuts in a parking lot nearbye and maybe pull some people out...well went out started the truck up after about 5sec of cranking. shut the door and do my pretrip. went to get back in and the door handle does spins all the way around. my passenger side is combat locked as it is also fubared...so i sit there messing with it for about 10mins...no go.

take the air mushroom off and try to shove my sweatshirt in it to kill it...no go. so the engines been on about 15mins now. call up a buddy and ask what cable is the kill switch. he went and took a pic for me. during that time i tried one last time with the handle it worked. i turned the ol'girl off and went inside...

I'll have the pictures up tomorrow, I'm trying to get my buddy to youtube the video for me. And yeah, there was allot of packed snow under the truck :oops:

On a side note, I think the 2stroke oil I've been putting in is taking effect, got up to 55 on 95 after fueling up without realizing and almost no effort.

well i was going to go do some doughnuts in a parking lot nearbye and maybe pull some people out...well went out started the truck up after about 5sec of cranking. shut the door and do my pretrip. went to get back in and the door handle does spins all the way around. my passenger side is combat locked as it is also fubared...so i sit there messing with it for about 10mins...no go.

take the air mushroom off and try to shove my sweatshirt in it to kill it...no go. so the engines been on about 15mins now. call up a buddy and ask what cable is the kill switch. he went and took a pic for me. during that time i tried one last time with the handle it worked. i turned the ol'girl off and went inside...
Some days it doesn't pay to get outta bed................

LC

Josh

Your welcome Scott :D

And you may have been getting snowed on, I was getting freezing rained on. About a 1/4 - 1/2in of ice on everything that night.

Last edited:

Katahdin

I'm almost ashamed to say it, but I learned you need to dig the wheel chocks out before driving in the snow... aua

But that didn't stop me from getting it out in forward gear. :-D

Attachments

Kalashnikov

I drove through the bank into an unplowed parking lot to clean my windshield, acted like I was still on the road. Then I was backing behind the shop at work so I could plow the lot and almost got stuck-ice under the 2' of snow that had just fallen. Threw it in 3rd low and got out. Can't wait to get some lockers. Going out to play in it tomorrow night or saturday! :mrgreen:

m880 unimog

not in a duece but military in the snow-this was me last year with 2 swedish chics-you can hear em bellowing in the background-we were in the pub most of the night!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_6N1Jb-yFw[/media]

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
not in a duece but military in the snow-this was me last year with 2 swedish chics-you can hear em bellowing in the background-we were in the pub most of the night!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_6N1Jb-yFw[/media]
Dude,
YouTube says that video is PRIVATE - you need to "unlock it" to PUBLIC for your SS comrades to view it...... QUICK ! LOL

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks