• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got the new m810 running but...

rwelker

I finally got the M810 running-the manual shut off was stuck shut. It seemed to run ok but when I snapped the throttle it went to wide open. I shut it down right away but it seems to have stuck in the pump. The shaft will turn and the return spring was on all the time so I'm sure it's internal. I know this is somewhat common on the multifuels but I'm not familiar with the Cummins pump. I'm getting out the manual but has anyone else had this problem? The truck has low miles/hours but has sat for quite awhile. Thanks, Rick

rwelker

M810 update

Wednesday removed the pump; tore it down on the bench with the TM at my side. It's been rebuilt and appears to be the model for a 900 series NHC250. Found no gunk, corrosion, or dirt. Put it back together and reinstalled. Now it idles at 800rpm and only increases to 1000 rpm at full throttle. Contacted a local injection service and they quoted me about 400.00 for a complete rebuild worse case. Since this pump appears to be just rebuilt it's probably on seals and adjustments needed. Hopefully after recalibration it will work.

acetomatoco

RE: M810 update

If it is the wrong pump, better confirm it. No sense wasting time and money on wrong one. I am not familiar with the different PT pumps.

Cdub

RE: M810 update

If you need the TM for the 900 series pumps, I'll be glad to send you the PDF file........

Good Luck,

C'dub

rwelker

I dropped the pump off at the injection service place this morning. I've had work done by them in the past and value their opinion very highly. The service manager stated that the pump I had was a newer model pump (updated as he put it) and was a better pump than the original one. He seemed to think it probably needs only seals and a good cleaning/recalibrate. Should be done next week. By the way, he stated that they have rebuilt multifuel pumps in the past, so there is a source out there if anyone needs them. Rick

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks