• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got the rifle holder mounted today

rrrr

I've taken the bench seat out to replace it with a spring seat. I will then probably mount my rifle holder between the two seats. I might get another mount so I can have 4 places or get two more and have 6 rifle holders 4 between the seats and two on the dash. :)

Or, maybe make a custom rifle rack between the seats ? What to do ?

I already have a single mount (got it in a set, mounted the other one on the dash of my CJ). Gonna try to mount the double as shown here, near the stickshift, then the other single I might mount next to the drivers door. Or maybe the passenger door, gotta see which is best.

LC

Lex_Ordo

I have seen the doubles slpit.
One is placed on the left side of the driver just adjacent to the door, and the other in the same spot, only on the passenger's side. Seems that this would give the leg room w/out sacrificing space.

For a large truck, the cabs are awfully cramped.

joshuaz223

i already posted them but thought i would join in. one stock colt one built from parts. even possible in the semi communist state of N.Y. i have a concealed carry permit and get stoped regularly (motorcycles) i have had three different cops ask me if my gun was loaded. my response is always "is yours"

Attachments

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just bought a rifle rack this weekend and want to put it in the truck this week. The questions i have what other guns will work with this rack? given the nature of this clamp, it was built for the fatter hand gaurd for the M16. I saw the picture of the M1 Carbine and thats nice to see for a visual. what about a tatical 12 gauge where the magazine runs the full length of the 18 inch barrel? there are 4 holes behind where the gun mount bolts to the dash, what data plate would go in that spot? when i mount mine i want to make sure i have room for the data plate of it applies to my truck.

I guess it would be nice to see more pictures posted of other guns in the gun rack to see how they fit/dont fit. what about M1 Garands, AK's, SKS, tatical shotguns, etc. Thanks!

I just bought a rifle rack this weekend and want to put it in the truck this week. The questions i have what other guns will work with this rack? given the nature of this clamp, it was built for the fatter hand gaurd for the M16. I saw the picture of the M1 Carbine and thats nice to see for a visual. what about a tatical 12 gauge where the magazine runs the full length of the 18 inch barrel? there are 4 holes behind where the gun mount bolts to the dash, what data plate would go in that spot? when i mount mine i want to make sure i have room for the data plate of it applies to my truck.

I guess it would be nice to see more pictures posted of other guns in the gun rack to see how they fit/dont fit. what about M1 Garands, AK's, SKS, tatical shotguns, etc. Thanks!
I have one mounted in my old CJ. I have been able to fit the following in it:

AR (both the rifle and the carbine), M1A, 03 Springfield, Mossberg 590, and FAL. I believe a Garand would fit also, (hope to get one of those soon).

A lot of this, of course, depends on the vehicle and how the rack is mounted, especially the length from the part on the dash to the part on the floor.

Sorry, don't have any pics at the moment.

LC

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've taken the bench seat out to replace it with a spring seat. I will then probably mount my rifle holder between the two seats. I might get another mount so I can have 4 places or get two more and have 6 rifle holders 4 between the seats and two on the dash. :)

Or, maybe make a custom rifle rack between the seats ? What to do ?
keep us updated if you build something, be neat to see!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks