• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got to take a teaser ride in my new (to me)M109A3-

Scrounge41

I got to inspect and take the deuce for a short spin last week on my way back from working out of state. Won it out of Warner-Robins on 7/28, finally got my EUC about two weeks ago, and with the help of a super SS member got it off base and stored. It cranks (jump started-bad batteries) easily, runs smooth, doesn't smoke, has brand new looking Michelin 11.00's all around (incl. spare), is very straight and nearly rust free, and had a tool box full of goodies. I had been advised that the radiator wasn't showing any coolant in it, but a gallon and a half topped it off. On the down side, brakes need to be bled and reinspected (they are soft and there is some leakage on the pass. front tire but I think it is a wheel seal), turn signals don't work, and there is no boarding ladder. Got the SF-97 applied for, looking into insurance, and spending way too much time on here learning. I understand from the SS member that helped me that the turn signal problem is probably the flasher module, and that the steps are generally available, but shipping is costly so it is better to pick them up or arrange to hook up with a seller at an event. I brought the batteries home to try and charge them but they wouldn't take. I'm feeling like a little kid with this truck.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks