• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gotta repaint my M1008

acesneights1

Any suggestions on paint and where to buy ? I painted it 2 years ago with Milspray and the stuff is garbage. It is peeling off in sheets and the truck was primed and prepped properly. I don't want waterbourne paint. I would prefer Real CARC paint.
Suggestions ?

acesneights1

Ok. The Milspray CARC substitute I used it peeling off in sheets . Also it seems to have caused rust. I know Milspray no longer sells it..Honestly I can strip my truck with a power washer it's that bad. What did you use for primer under the Rapco ?
I went to Rapco's site but saw nothing as far as whether it gets cut with reducer etc. Did you use a hardner ?

acesneights1

Does the real CARC(current version) help with resistance to road slt ?
The stuff they are using up here destroys everything.

Westech

CPL
I cut it 25% with paint thinner mineral spirits I think. Been a few years but I know I cut it only 25%. I just sanded the trucks no primer. The correct way would to use a etching primer them paint. I did not use A hardener until my last 151 I had done. It does get a little glossy with a hardener.

zout

If your going to sand down the surface again - take it down with 80 grit - then go over it with 180. I would stay away from any etch primers as you really have to watch what chemical agents each layer of what your putting on.

Use an epoxy metal primer if you get to metal and need to seal it off - otherwise my suggestion would be stay with the epoxy 2k primer to seal everything else off below before putting any topcoats on it. If you use a 2k high build primer it will will fill a lot of imperfections out and then sand it with 180 to baby smooth level the surface.

Any etching primers have gone by the wayside - old technology

acesneights1

Has anybody ever tried just going to a paint supply store that mixes automotive paint and have them just shoot the color with a spectroscope ? I am not sure if the scope can decompile a flat color.