• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gov holding sales of M1101 & 1102 trailers in Texas ??

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Samething happened when the demil code changed on the M101 and M105 last year and a EUC was no longer required. Once the change takes place, back to business.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got the same call yesterday for my M1102 in Pineville LA. EUC cleared on Monday. They gave me the choice of getting my money back or waiting to see if the Gov't actually wanted them back. I think they are evaluating the status.

dannyd2450

Government Liquidation Bid being challenged by government? What?

So... I won a bid for a trailer for my M923 and happily paid for it. I then submitted the EUC as always.. after about two weeks of waiting for the EUC to come back, I get a call from GL saying the item is being "Challenged by the Government". The EUC still has not come back and is not the issue at the moment. All they can say is that the auction is being challenged and I can opt out with a full refund... Another option is to wait till the EUC comes back, which will give them additional time to fight the governments challenge..

So.... anyone know what a government challenge means? Or any recommendations on how I can keep moving forward?

dannyd2450

Somehow I missed this thread and jumped the gun with another post about the same thing. Trailer is a M989A1 in Eastover, SC... My EUC has not come back yet, so I am leaning towards holding off on the refund and seeing if they change their minds..

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Somehow I missed this thread and jumped the gun with another post about the same thing. Trailer is a M989A1 in Eastover, SC... My EUC has not come back yet, so I am leaning towards holding off on the refund and seeing if they change their minds..
There were 50 or so listed at Ft. Hood upcoming and "poof" listings disappeared.

PATRIOT1

Just got some feedback on this from a friend at an Ohio GL location (he asked not to be named/or exact location). He says that the cause of this was that someone in GL released for auction a heavily modified M1102 (how, he did not know), but they want it back, and so they issued a recall on all of them (IDK why?). He said that, if you really want to keep yours, simply drag your feet as long as possible for the pickup, for it to be resolved. He thinks it will be resolved. However, if you don't want to risk the hassle of picking it up and then having to return it/refund, etc, in case it is not resolved and the recall goes through, delay your pickup as long as possible. Just FYI.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I won a lot of 3 brand-new, still-in-the-case front drive axles for Navistar MRAPs for a smoking price last month out of OK City...by the time I drive out there to pick them up (No EUC required), the government has placed a "hold" on them and I can't pick them up after 3 days' worth of driving.

But 10 days later, the full price that was billed by GL was already back into my account. Oh well; win some, lose some....but it definitely makes me wary of anything openly listed as for an MRAP, I've seen several of these items get recalled or placed on hold.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also, just checked and GL still showing MANY M1101s for sale , and M1101s/M1102s in (like 35 of them!). Wow... talk about confusing.
You might want to read that big yellow banner at the top of the page regarding posting upcoming or current auctions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Texas TT

GL M1102 Fiasco

We will be doing a bunch of home improvement stuff this year, so I wanted a larger trailer.

I got the high bid on an M1102 about a month ago. It was just what I was looking for. Tan, close to home, no cover, & seems to be in great condition.

The EUC went through & Government Liquidation sent me the "paid" invoice.

I call the site to pick it up and they are saying the government is challenging the demil code & they can't release it. (I am not really sure what that means.)

The nice lady onsite (who seems to be a third party) did tell me that they had already released a few of them & were not sure how to get them back.

I am bummed. I skipped a couple of other auctions because I was in the process of getting this one.

It seems late in the game for GL to do this. I have enough documentation to actually go get plates for the thing.

They are pushing for a refund now. I will wait and see what happens I guess. If they really want it bad I will try to sell it back to them for double.

Last edited:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter

they are saying the government is challenging the demil code & they can't release it. (I am not really sure what that means.)

It seems late in the game for GL to do this. I have enough documentation to actually go get plates for the thing.

They are pushing for a refund now. I will wait and see what happens I guess. If they really want it bad I will try to sell it back to them for double.

It's not GL that's doing it, it's the gov't (see the 1st line I quoted). The gov't can come back at any time on an EUC item and say "give it back" and you either give it back or wind up with a lot more than just your GL dealings looked into (think Tea Party/IRS).

In all likelihood these will either be released or come back up again. And you can forget about doubling your money through a "no sale." Be glad you didn't invest a bunch of money into picking it up and then have to give it back.

Last edited:

M1Kodiak

So, I have paid for and picked up my M1101 and it did not have an EUC requirement. Who is this affecting? Only recent purchases waiting on an EUC?

Texas TT

Thanks for the feedback.

I think the worst thing that will happen is that we get a refund.

They probably have an inventory of these that will soon be available, so I sent GL a note saying I would wait or they could substitute a similar item (M1011 or M1102).