• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gov. Liq. questian

BuckRyp

ok so how does the GL site work? i see trucks on there for opening bid $150 and they are 30 miles from me. say i bid on a truck and win how much money over the bid price am i looking at spending? say i have winning bid at like $2000 are there a lot of other fees that need to be paid?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
If you are that close my advice (I have bought over 30 trucks from GL) is to preview the one(s) you are interested in and on the day of the auction stay glued to the computer.

Pick several trucks in order of choice and place the minimum bid on all of them as soon as the bidding starts.This will allow you to go to your bid history and see who (by bidder number) is bidding against you.

Set the max you are willing to bid on a truck and stick to it....don't get into a bidding war with somebody that has deeper pockets than you do. If you are outbid on your primary truck fall back to the next one on your list. Do not bid on more trucks than you can afford to buy.

I ended up with four trucks one time when I placed auto bids on a bunch. I was saved by the fact that I got them cheap and I had a credit card with a large limit on it.

GL takes a dim view of people that bid on items and can't or won't pay. They will lock your account and charge you a penalty if you default.

You can get some deals off GL but you dance to their tune and customer service (out in AZ) is not their forte. If you are nice to the folks at the sales sites they will be nice back (in my experience) and treat you right. Go in there with an attitude and they will bounce you off the lot and, if applicable, off the base.

Just my advice for what it's worth.

jaymcb

or title AND SF97.

Out of curiosity, when I bought my truck in MD, I skipped out on the MD taxes (didn't know I'd owed them) and paid my sales tax on it when I registered it in my home state of Taxachusetts. Am I now considered a scourge and tax scofflaw? Is MD going to send me a bill?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The GL website has a great tutorial as well. It will answer these questions and questions you didn't know you had. Good luck.

BuckRyp

thank you for the info and correction on the spelling of the word question lol
im saving my money to get the truck i want. glad on live on and near bases that upgrade wrm assets annually

BuckRyp

WRM is war readiness material, i live on Holloman AFB and we have Army, NASA and disaster preparedness assets stored waiting for use. All EQ has a "shelf life" and when items come close to there date they get replaced. Old EQ is sold off and is easy to pick up since its less than 100 miles away.

area52

You don't need to pay for the SF97 form in NM. I refuse to give GL any more of my money!

If/when you get a truck, give me a shout and I can walk you thorough the title process.