• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gov lock is going

AECS

My M1009 rear is locking up pretty much all the time now. just hand spinning the drum with the wheels of causes it to try and lock, pulling into parking spots and its locked up. Is it possible to remove the locker portion and just leave it an open diff? Or and I about to spend large amounts of cash?

cucvrus

I can't truthfully answer that. But I had one that the centrifugal locking mechanism was missing and the rear worked perfect. I never found it in the housing or the gear oil. It just wasn't there. It had all the other parts but the spinner. So that is about all I know. I left it like that because I seen no need to fix something that wasn't broke. I only discovered it during the initial maintenance and never recalled getting stuck with the truck at any time. 4WD does not require a locker rear. It helps but not required. Good Luck. I have new GM 10 bolt axles in crates if you want to come to Pennsylvania.

AECS

Ok, took the cover off the diff this morning, found a gear tooth on the magnet. Inspection shows the ring and pinion in good shape, but the idler gears have a few teeth damaged. CUCVRUS, whats the pricetag on one of those crate rear end?

cucvrus

Be fair and keep in mind it is in Pennsylvania exit 90 in Pennsylvania. I am not greedy with them but I don't want to give them away. They have been in my dry bran in crates for over 20 years so you are getting a good dry differential.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks