• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gov Planet customer service

2deuce

Do they answer email questions? I have asked 3 times recently but never got a response. I won something and asked about shipping....crickets. My mistake that I assumed the item would be parcel shipped like others sold. Looks like I'll get a black mark, but even tho I bid too much, I'd pay for everything with parcel shipping. Doesn't make sense to put something 20 pounds on a pallet. Been a week.

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do they answer email questions? I have asked 3 times recently but never got a response. I won something and asked about shipping....crickets. My mistake that I assumed the item would be parcel shipped like others sold. Looks like I'll get a black mark, but even tho I bid too much, I'd pay for everything with parcel shipping. Doesn't make sense to put something 20 pounds on a pallet. Been a week.
Better to call customer care. If it has been a week then your probably going to start paying late fees. Also on all listings it will tell you if it is either LTL or Parcel. Unless its a warehouse in general these small yards do not do parcel. its not just a black mark they will probably suspend your account if you forefeit an item

Last edited:

2deuce

I've called their customer care. They told me they can't do anything, I need to email the warehouse site. Which I have done, sent an email to gov planet website also. Today I got a courtesy reminder that I haven't paid. What I've found interesting about the items they sell is how neglected by the government they are. Even stuff that's never been used. If I'm banned, it won't be a big loss, I really don't care much. They might be too busy to answer emails, or it's simply that everything is automated. I just wonder why I was told I must ask my questions thru email if that's the case. When I have gotten to the pickup sites the people there have been very helpful.

Adrok

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I won something and asked about shipping....crickets. My mistake that I assumed the item would be parcel shipped like others sold. Looks like I'll get a black mark, but even tho I bid too much, I'd pay for everything with parcel shipping.
If i may, which location is the item?

2deuce

I've talked to a few people from Gov planet, Iron planet, and Ritchie Bros today. They told me to wait for the email to be answered, that I sent them a week ago. When I sent it the email info said it would be answered in 24 to 48 hours. I sent an email question about a different listing I was thinking of bidding on about a month ago, it was not answered. I think since I'm late paying, I've got their attention. It appears like they want you to pay, then they can say no. May not be the case but it feels like it. The email I got still wasn't clear that they would send it to me as a parcel. It basically said I need to pay for it 1st, but I want to pay for the item, fees, tax, and shipping all at one time. I don't want them to say, the listing doesn't say anything about being a parcel after I pay...then I'll be stuck. Normally I'd trust them, but now not so much.

2deuce

Everything seems to be fixed as I type this. They agreed to ship it in a box, now I'm waiting for them to tell me the size and weight to send them a label. I will say everyone I've personally dealt with has been polite. All but one was very polite, and that one only let out some long sighs, if you were wondering. I think there may be some glitches in there email system, but they honored them.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Everything seems to be fixed as I type this. They agreed to ship it in a box, now I'm waiting for them to tell me the size and weight to send them a label. I will say everyone I've personally dealt with has been polite. All but one was very polite, and that one only let out some long sighs, if you were wondering. I think there may be some glitches in there email system, but they honored them.
That's great news!

Yes sir, more often than not folks will do the right thing - if you don't become an ass. It sure is nice to hear a good ending to that story!