• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gov Planet Pick Up / Texarkana

General Hood

Has anyone on the forum made a MV pick up in the Texarkana listings? I assume the actual location would be the Red River Army Depot? Or Hooks? I'd be interested in hearing your experience prior to making my pick up

m715mike

I picked up a M105 at the RRAD from GL in early 2014. Everything went smooth and I had no complaints. The lady from GL was very friendly and got me out of there quickly. I have not purchased from GP yet.

Do you have any specific questions?

General Hood

I picked up a M105 at the RRAD from GL in early 2014. Everything went smooth and I had no complaints. The lady from GL was very friendly and got me out of there quickly. I have not purchased from GP yet.

Do you have any specific questions?
No particular questions. I've picked up from GL and GP at other facilities without any real issue, just more or less looking for reassurance this facility is customer friendly :)

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
allow yourself plenty of time to clear check in for pass and mandatory background check at commercial gate. It can be quite busy with commercial drivers. Background check can take 20-30 min. No flammable materials in vehicle and of course no fire arms.

wrenchturner6238

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I picked up a truck there a couple of months ago. If you are going to self recover and drive you have to have some sort of registration to be able to drive off. I have a local wrecker company pick it up and take it to there yard. Most of the local wrecker companies did not want to do the pickup ( way to high priced) the one I found that was reasonable was Red River wrecker service 870-896-2218. I did my inspection in there yard and drove off.

General Hood

I picked up a truck there a couple of months ago. If you are going to self recover and drive you have to have some sort of registration to be able to drive off. I have a local wrecker company pick it up and take it to there yard. Most of the local wrecker companies did not want to do the pickup ( way to high priced) the one I found that was reasonable was Red River wrecker service 870-896-2218. I did my inspection in there yard and drove off.
Good info sir, thank you

ev2bfree

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I picked up my "new" M916 last month. getting clearance to get on base was time consuming but went smooth. The GP rep there is great! Interesting side note while waiting for my clearance to get on base, a truck driver wearing a turban, and fitting the "profile." was there and did not want to give his credentials. He was arguing with the desk sergeant, that his port clearance was supposed to be good enough. As I was leaving the desk sergeant was showing others with shocked look on his face his computer screen. I have a feeling he did not get on base.

m715mike

allow yourself plenty of time to clear check in for pass and mandatory background check at commercial gate. It can be quite busy with commercial drivers. Background check can take 20-30 min. No flammable materials in vehicle and of course no fire arms.

Also, don't have a bottle of urine in your vehicle when trying to get on base...

It took an hour for me to get clearance and get on base. While I was waiting, a commercial driver made a scene at the desk. The gait guard found a bottle full of urine in his truck. The driver was denied access and sent back to the office.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks