• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

governer adjustment

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone know the procedure for govener adjustment on the 6.2?
My wife will be driving my M1028 on occasion. I'd like to adjust the engine speed down to a level that she can't blow it up. Mabye set it at 2800 RPM's instead of 3600. Any other sudjestions for limiting engine speed??

Ken_86gt

I'd like to adjust the engine speed down to a level that she can't blow it up. Mabye set it at 2800 RPM's instead of 3600.
That is very funny! So, you want to lower the max vehicle speed to around 50? She will not be happy driving the truck. Maybe you should get a different vehicle for her to drive. Sorry I don't know how to make the adjustement you asked for.

:-D

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guess i should have givin more detail. She wanted to use the truck to haul mulch and rocks for flower beds and such. Dragging a trailer around the yard and hauling tree limbs to a burn pile. But she will need to drive it into town to get supplies for her projects. I thought of limiting throttle travel. But realized she will need full power dragging a trailer with rocks. I know 6.2's don't have much power to begin with. So i was hoping for a gov adjustment. Yea the thought of her using it as a daily driver is a nogo!

JAsher45

with out taking the pump and putting it on a test stand there is not much you can do to adjust the govener. you may be able to adjust the the throttle stop on the linkage

stump

I think what you are worried about is the truck overheating and her not looking at the guage. You can get a guage that has a adjustable second needle that hocks to a control box and can then be wired to the injection pump removing the wire on the pump that is their now. When the truck is driven too hard the box kills the power to the pump and the truck will cut off. Once the truck cool off their is a reset botton on the box and the truck can be driven again.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Really i was worried about her trying to drive it 60MPH down the road. I can see it now cell phone in one hand and wide open throttle. With pretty holes in the engine block soonafter.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks