• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Government bid on M1009 and Title

DaveDawson

I am considering bidding on an M1009 from the government. Are there titling issues? Do they come with a title? I am in Indiana and thought I would start here instead of going through DMV **** first. Thanks in advance for any assistance

epitts

I took the bill of sale along with the police check to the DMV and had no problems. Just make sure the bill of sale and police report have the year of manufacture. My bill of sale said 1984 and the police report said 1985.

Boreal21

For $60 you can get a form (SF97) from govliquidation (assuming that's where you're buying it) that will assist in titling. Some people can get away without it, some can't. I didn't try to do without, so not sure if I could've saved myself $180 (I bought 3 trucks).

Last edited:

DaveDawson

I have read a lot of really bad things about buying through GL. Did you guys have pretty good experiences? Wondering now if it would be better to find one from amn individual.

epitts

I got lucky with my M1009, I did not preview the truck. Based on the pix and discription and fact the said it ran with a jump. I placed by max bid and forgot about until I got the e-mail that I won. Went to pick it up and was dead as a door nail. The Army motor pool guys were down working on a truck and gave us a hand. After letting it sit with the jumper on it fired up and ran like champ. Based on the miliage put on the fuel filter it only had 50 miles since it had been serviced. All fluided were new and clean after getting it home I checked the front brakes and they were new, pads and lines, rotors had been turned. The truck had a lot of surface rust but only one rust hole. The truck had been under coated and Z-barted. It did have a bad vaccum pump, vaccum valve and two bad batteries. I painted the truck and replaced all the weather stripping. I find myself driving it every day and leaving my other two sitting.

epartsman

It's not bad just not always user friendly. Filing for the SF97 is the way to go as they actually sent me a Florida title for the last large trailer I bought. You may also have to go through the EUC process as well. The auction will have a red exclamation point on the page if it is required. Have patience, dot your I's and cross your T's, and follow up and through. Just because you submitted something does not mean they got it. I have purchased 5 trailers from them and some other miscellaneous stuff and am quite pleased however 1 caveat, It is like a box of chocolates you never know what you are gonna get. My M1009 was purchased privately for $800 as the last closest one to me closed out @ $4,100 which was out of my budget. Mine has some cancer and some issues but I can make mine brand new for that kind of money. J.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What government entity are you considering buying from?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, GL is what I was after. You need to request a form called an SF-97(like a certificate of origin) to get a title in your state. It's not as simple as buying and getting a title in your name. Some states are much easier'harder to deal with this.

We have a Goverment Liquidation forum for questions.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks