• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

governor adjustment

point

Hi guys. I would like to try adjusting my governor on my stock 251 m37. The manual tells me that it is simply a matter of removing the cap over the adjusting screw and turning it. Problem is, the screw seems tight. It is a weak looking brass screw with a slotted head. I am afraid if I torque it a bit too much it will strip the head. Do I need to do anything with the adjusting nut in there? Any ideas?
thanks

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is actually a two part system for adjustment.

There is a special wrench that is used for the nut, together with a screwdriver for the screw. I have pictures of the wrench and I also have the manual which has a photo of the governor assembly.

Unfortunately, I am at work and the information is at home.

If I have time this evening, I'll post the pictures and the explanation from the manual.

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here are some photos of the wrench and the interior of the governor unit.

I've got to go find the manual and copy the pages that pertain to the adjustment of the governor.

I'll post those when I find them. I thought I already had copies on the computer, but I guess not.

IMG_2058R.jpgIMG_2059R.jpgIMG_2060R.jpgIMG_2061R.jpgIMG_2062R.jpgIMG_2065R.jpgM-37 Carburetor Governor Internal View # 1.jpgM-37 Carburetor Governor Internal View # 2.jpg

Good Luck with your project. The adjustment is very easy with the truck running using the wrench & screwdriver.

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I found the adjustment procedure from the manual (TM9-1826A). I've tried posting the scan, but I can't get a readable copy to post (it is way to small to read.

I'll PM you with my direct email address so you can send me your email address and I'll just send it to you directly.

It's not a very pretty copy, but the scanner is not set up for books. The information is all there though.

The manuals are only about $20.00 on eBay (sometimes less). If you are going to keep the truck, it might be worth buying one.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks