• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Governor housing

Clint_S

I’m a new member so I hope I’m doing this correctly I just bought a 81 m35a2 runs and drives like a top just won’t hold a idle have to keep it running with the foot throttle or hand throttle Found a lot of info on here to get me to the point that I am fuel shutoff lever moves smooth but is springing back to 5 o’clock when throttle is let up I believe it has to do with something in the governor housing can I remove the housing without taking the IP off or do I need to remove it as one unit

ldmack3

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome! You're in the right place for answers. Unfortunately I've never experienced your issue so can't answer your question or offer suggestions.

Clint_S

Update upon removing fdc found fulcrum lever pushed back toward the firewall it can be moved towards the full throttle position but springs back. After removing throttle linkage now it has play and can be moved either way no tension on fulcrum lever. Throttle lever has tension as if you were giving it throttle but has a dead spot ( No tension on throttle lever ) about 1 in of travel before it has tension again. Should the throttle lever have tension both ways to keep it in a central position or do I have something out of adjustment in the TM all the pictures of the IP’s show the throttle lever straight at 6 o’clock and this would put the fuel cutoff lever at 7 o’clock where it should be

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks