• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GOVPLANET auctions unsold?

two.fiveM35

I was watching the govplanet today and saw several items go unsold. What happens to these items, do they get relisted in the next auction or does it reappear in the same auction with a lower starting bid?

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
In the past if there was enough time left in the day they have come back up at a lower starting bid, or in the case of a truck I was watching came up in a later auction.

greenjeepster

I saw some re-listed at a lower start price today. They should be selling this stuff to the highest bidder regardless of price rather than fooling around with these high starting prices.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
They will not take your bid if it is not at or above the starting price which is their way of a reserve and only in their set increments.

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw some re-listed at a lower start price today. They should be selling this stuff to the highest bidder regardless of price rather than fooling around with these high starting prices.
I presume they understand the math on what ends things quicker, a high starting price with a X% number to relist and redo, or more time spent with a lower price spent getting the bids above the higher starting price.

Plus the "Well, it's at least that much" factor of the anchor price.

greenjeepster

Essentially they are operating a dutch auction... start high and if you get no bids drop it back lower. There was a HMMWV out of KY today that was a runner without a body, opener this morning was 10 K, but it got dropped back to 7500 a couple hours before the close.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks