• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Govplanet late pick up fee

reaper556

Anyone ever charged a fee? According to Govplanet im supposed to have it picked up by 5-23 a Monday. The veritread work order says Monday or Thursday appointment only 48 hr notice. My selected carrier says its Wednesdays only from 9 to 12. A truck problem kept him from making it today which means now I have to wait until next Wednesday. I would send a tow truck but again that wont do much good if he is only allowed on the base at that time.

The truck is at Aberdeen proving ground Maryland

Last edited:

rjmartin35

I've picked up from two different yards and both times over 2 weeks after I was supposed to. In both cases I called the contact person and explained why I couldn't pick it up. They understood and worked with me. No late fees were charged. I'm guessing that not all pick up sites are as easy to work with as these two but all you can do is call and talk with them.

fasttruck

In the gov liquidation era abern was not an attended site. Agent came from Ft. George Meade one day a week.

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
+1 call Ron. His number is on the Item Release form you print out from your post-sale info page. He answers his cell phone promptly and is knowledgeable. I was two weeks late picking my HMMWV up due to the "only once a week for a couple hours" timing of the DLA yard I had to pick up from. Every yard is different. Ron knows what's what since he's there every week and has a relationship with the staff. He'll sort it out. I wasn't charged myself.
Bulldogger

reaper556

+1 call Ron. His number is on the Item Release form you print out from your post-sale info page. He answers his cell phone promptly and is knowledgeable. I was two weeks late picking my HMMWV up due to the "only once a week for a couple hours" timing of the DLA yard I had to pick up from. Every yard is different. Ron knows what's what since he's there every week and has a relationship with the staff. He'll sort it out. I wasn't charged myself.
Bulldogger
for some reason I'm having trouble finding the item release much less his number in the post sale info, if someone has it handy could they pm it to me?

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
for some reason I'm having trouble finding the item release much less his number in the post sale info, if someone has it handy could they pm it to me?
As of yesterday Ron is no longer with GovPlanet. I will work on getting you the new contact info.

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The post sale info link appears at the end of the listing for your won item in the Items Won view of your account pages.
From the post-sale page the Item Release form is a button located top center.
I'll attach a couple of tailored screen capture pictures from mine. Yours should look similar.
The website isn't perfect, there may be a glitch. One reason that occurs to me is that your EUC may not have cleared, since you didn't mention it. I got a notification to come pick up the item within the 8 days of auction end as soon as I won my HMMWV, but of course we're not allowed to have certain items until the End Use Certification (i.e. a gov't background check) clears. This is a form that GP has to get passed through DoD, very hurry up and wait.

If you're buying a HMMWV or other battle tool, there is the EUC process and the "Come get it emails" that the site auto-generates have no significance until the EUC clears.

It is my understanding that without the Item Release Form you are definitely not leaving with a vehicle, so you need to sort that out ASAP.

Hope this is helpful and not confusing.
Bulldogger
PostSaleInfo.jpg
PostSaleInfo2.png

reaper556

The post sale info link appears at the end of the listing for your won item in the Items Won view of your account pages.
From the post-sale page the Item Release form is a button located top center.
I'll attach a couple of tailored screen capture pictures from mine. Yours should look similar.
The website isn't perfect, there may be a glitch. One reason that occurs to me is that your EUC may not have cleared, since you didn't mention it. I got a notification to come pick up the item within the 8 days of auction end as soon as I won my HMMWV, but of course we're not allowed to have certain items until the End Use Certification (i.e. a gov't background check) clears. This is a form that GP has to get passed through DoD, very hurry up and wait.

If you're buying a HMMWV or other battle tool, there is the EUC process and the "Come get it emails" that the site auto-generates have no significance until the EUC clears.

It is my understanding that without the Item Release Form you are definitely not leaving with a vehicle, so you need to sort that out ASAP.

Hope this is helpful and not confusing.
Bulldogger
View attachment 625155
View attachment 625156
Thanks for the pics and info. For some reason I don't have that link to print the release