• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Govplanet M998 - Full tank of fuel and Ballistic Glass?

cantex11

My Govplanet inspection report said that my fuel gauge was faulty as it read all the way full. I put a couple gallons of diesel in and sure enough it was a full tank. I was surprised thinking that this thing was just dumped in a field somewhere. Turns out it has newish batteries and has been very well taken care of. Anyway I think I lucked out.

Also, is part of the demil process to remove all ballistic glass?

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
Yes ballistic glass should be removed. The DLA is responsible for Demil and after we inspect they approve of every inspection to check to make sure it is good. We have seen some get through at that point we usually point it out. But being human I know they sometimes get through...

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Remember, just because DLA received the item doesn't mean that it was going to be sold/auctioned/scapped. Vehicles end up with police and fire departments, with the Navy, Coast Guard, Marines... even the Border Patrol. May end up being shipped to a NG or USAR unit as well. So, it makes sense to have operational vehicles turned in ready to issue. Less logistics on the DLA.

As for the glass... not sure anything being mustered out should have ballistic glass... but yeah, DLA would ensure removal.

cantex11

It's only on the passenger side and is in pretty poor shape.

The engine/drivetrain doesn't leak one bit so I'm really hoping that means all is well and not that there is just not any fluid left to leak out.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My tank was full, as well it has all the MWO's applied from rebuild, 6.5, 242 Tcase, new radiator, brakes, steering wheel, turn signal lever, seat upgrades, Cadillac valve, TDM, 2012 6TL's, calif mirrors. I did replace the Pittman and idler arm and added an S3 EESS. Not bad for 8k delivered.

oh, and an IR light intact and working on the front bumper.

Last edited:

cantex11

My tank was full, as well it has all the MWO's applied from rebuild, 6.5, 242 Tcase, new radiator, brakes, steering wheel, turn signal lever, seat upgrades, Cadillac valve, TDM, 2012 6TL's, calif mirrors. I did replace the Pittman and idler arm and added an S3 EESS. Not bad for 8k delivered.

oh, and an IR light intact and working on the front bumper.
Right on. Sounds like a smoking deal. My IR light works as well.

I have an MWO tag applied but I don't see a date on it. It looks new...How do you know what they did for the modifications?

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unless they stamped it with the MWO number....you don't. It's common to see a blank MWO plate....or just dated.
i don't know what info is correct, because it varies so much...blank, date, last digits of the MWO, acronym of the part modified...IE, brakes, seats, seatbelts...No hard data I have shows what is per a TM, someone on the forum probably knows.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks