• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Govplanet win 2003 AM General M1123 writing on windshield question.

Glider

Is that a bleed fitting in the picture? My 998 doesn't have that i dont think. If it does that would have helped me when I ran out of fuel a few weeks ago.

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
New member here. Waiting on EUC approval. I purchased knowing its a non runner. I saw on the windshield that it was marked NR Injection Pump. Was that most likely tested by the USMC or by a Ritchie employee? Didn't know how accurately this diagnoses was. Only 71 miles, and it looks in perfect conditon other than the batteries missing.

View attachment 845871
NON RUNNER

Good chance parts missing here and there. OR messed up to the point was easier to NR it and move it with the fork lift.

This one is done. As in... Put a fork in it, CAMO

tobyS

I'm going to chime in on Indiana title.
Do you all remember (that read it) a states instruction to use the short vin number to locate hummer titles/owners for making them "off road only" ?

In Indiana we can apply for a 17 digit after a police vin check. They assign a new number, most beginning in MVIN....... Then you affix a new tag, they inspect to see its attached to same vehicle, then issue title with 17.

It would seem, any sale from then on would use the 17 digit and not come up in a search for short vin numbers.

Like my wife says..... "just sayin"

Action

I'm going to chime in on Indiana title.
Do you all remember (that read it) a states instruction to use the short vin number to locate hummer titles/owners for making them "off road only" ?

In Indiana we can apply for a 17 digit after a police vin check. They assign a new number, most beginning in MVIN....... Then you affix a new tag, they inspect to see its attached to same vehicle, then issue title with 17.

It would seem, any sale from then on would use the 17 digit and not come up in a search for short vin numbers.

Like my wife says..... "just sayin"
My Indiana issued VIN starting with “MVIN” is only 13 digits long.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Oh boy... I don't get to do this often:
13 + 4 = 17

OR

Did they do it wrong?

EDIT: Discovered with help that a legitimate 14 digit VIN is also possible, confirmed by the authorities, and gets your truck out of the mess with the short serial.

Last edited:

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just talked to friend who's Leo. Said take to get inspected at police station with bill of sale. Then take papers to DMV to request mvin. Sound correct?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Action

Just talked to friend who's Leo. Said take to get inspected at police station with bill of sale. Then take papers to DMV to request mvin. Sound correct?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
The police came to my house to do a vin check or whatever they do. He gave me a paper to take to dmv. I didnt take the hmmwv anywhere, because it didnt have tags yet...

tobyS

Yes, you are completely right, mine is only 13 with IND in it. Learned that new today, I always had 17 in m head.

I have the county Sheriff office do it.

Here is one of mine on a trailer. Still, are there 13 digits on a normal hummer nameplate?

Attachments

Action

Yes, you are completely right, mine is only 13 with IND in it. Learned that new today, I always had 17 in m head.

I have the county Sheriff office do it.

Here is one of mine on a trailer. Still, are there 13 digits on a normal hummer nameplate?
Normal production vehicles have 17 characters. H1 has 17.

tobyS

Normal production vehicles have 17 characters. H1 has 17.
Yes. When I got the number above my memory was that it was (obviously incorrectly) that it was 17.

Your post made me go look and it was 13 not 17.

I don't know if any state searching titles for HMMWVs will look at 13 or not.

Question.....how many digits does the HMMWV normally have?

Action

Yes. When I got the number above my memory was that it was (obviously incorrectly) that it was 17.

Your post made me go look and it was 13 not 17.

I don't know if any state searching titles for HMMWVs will look at 13 or not.

Question.....how many digits does the HMMWV normally have?