• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

govplanet

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The OP went back and changed his first post, replacing it with an update. It appears he has had some luck working things out.

MTVR

The issue with the out of state LLC's what happens when you have a insurance claim and the insurance company
denies the claim as you mis-represented the true use . Mr. Lenhto is also a former M35A2 owner and part of the michigan MV community.

Finally had a chance to watch the entire video.

Excellent, excellent, excellent video. I wish more people understood this stuff...

MTVR

Here's another great video on the subject:

These guys are going after the offenders, and points out that it's a felony.

A felony conviction means that you'll never own guns. You won't be allowed to vote. It will be difficult at best, to obtain employment and a place to live. You will have made yourself a second-class citizen.

Just play by the rules...

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's another great video on the subject:

These guys are going after the offenders, and points out that it's a felony.

A felony conviction means that you'll never own guns. You won't be allowed to vote. It will be difficult at best, to obtain employment and a place to live. You will have made yourself a second-class citizen.

Just play by the rules...
Virginia and North Carolina are the only states that ban felons from voting,
the rest get their voting rights back after either out of jail and/or their sentence is complete.

Gamble

You have done this or have the legal qualifications to claim "PERFECTLY legal".? You don't know what you don't know....and that is a problem.
Here's the deal. IF you have a business and you are conducting business in any state you have the right to drive to said state using the company car. I understand the take from the standpoint of insurance but at the end of the day they work for you. Again, none of this is illegal or even uncommon. Again, I use the rental car agency as a common example of this. Delivery companies are another. Military vehicles are in demand for movies, videos, photo shoots etc. It's very common for sales and demos in neighboring states. Let's not fearmonger here guys. It's good to alert on the risks but let's not over do it.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Agreed Gamble !

We definitely don't need to fearmonger for sure.

On the other hand, if MV owners try to do sneaky, sly, or underhanded things to get vehicles insured or registered - my opinion - is that somebody (one of us) will end up with a problem. Getting your car registered in another state is a bad deal. Getting INSURED (and then getting your claim paid) will be a problem if anything isn't done "above board".

NO, I don't particularly like insurance rules, but trying to sneak anything by them won't work in your favor.

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yup. And Tax fraud too- the offender lives in a state, the vehicle is based in that state, he drives that vehicle on that state's roads, but has not paid any taxes/registration/etc. to that state to do so.

Within the exotic car community, there are folks that have tried it, because the taxes on an expensive car can be a lot of money. Some get away with it...for a while. And many don't.

Some states even have hotlines so that community members can report vehicle tax fraud. In years past, I've even seen people in Vancouver Washington (right next to the Oregon border) register their cars to a post office box right across the border in Portland Oregon, to avoid paying taxes they owe on their regular passenger vehicles.
It's only tax fraud if the sole purpose is to evade taxes. If there is another lawful purpose, it's not illegal.

There are other legal entities that exist outside of corporations and LLCs that allow such titling and registration, legally.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks