• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Govplannet m1123 Barstow rebuild SF97 question

tgejesse

Has anyone here gotten a m1123 from govplanet that was a Barstow rebuild around 2009?

My serial number is 183xxx which puts the build date around the late 90’s, but the plate on the vehicle says 06/09.

I’m curious what the SF97 will say for purposes of historic registration.

Action

Thank you for acknowledging you do not have a 2009. lots of folks think they have a newer truck, but they are actually from the '90's. GovPlanet told me that paperwork will come as the description reads on that lot.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
mine was also a 183xxx serial number M1123 from Barstow, with a 09/10 rebuild tag.

There was a mix up and I had to send them paperwork a couple months after I picked it up to start the process. Basically just a blank form with a bunch of lines to fill out with things like VIN#, Year, Color, make, model, weight, GVWR, mileage, fuel type, number of cylinders. I put "2000" as my year, and that's what came on the SF-97.
I figure it was either built in 1999 or 2000, so picked 2000 since it's a round number, and it appears they rebuild these things on a 10 year schedule, so close enough.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you had put 1990 you would have been able to insure as a classic
yeah, I know that but I use it as a work truck, so registering it as a classic vehicle would put too many restrictions on how I could use it here.
If I had purchased it for use as a hobby then it might have been tempting to fudge the paperwork like that, but I seem to have an honest streak in me and would have stressed out about lying.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So what I’m hearing is after the EUC is approved, I have to put in for a SF97 and I get to chose the year?
That is what happened with me, but your mileage may vary.
I'd try to at least keep it reasonable for when it might have been originally produced, but that's just me. Lying on forms submitted to the government should not be undertaken by amateurs.

jkcondrey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So what I’m hearing is after the EUC is approved, I have to put in for a SF97 and I get to chose the year?
When you bought the vehicle, you had the option to pay $50 and get an sf97 form, which is the govs way of allowing you to attempt to get a title for the vehicle. The EUC is only a verification process on your worthiness to own such a vehicle, a background check of sorts.

Action

When you bought the vehicle, you had the option to pay $50 and get an sf97 form, which is the govs way of allowing you to attempt to get a title for the vehicle. The EUC is only a verification process on your worthiness to own such a vehicle, a background check of sorts.
You missed the point of the question you quoted. The person is asking if they can put whatever year they want to on the paperwork.

jkcondrey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You missed the point of the question you quoted. The person is asking if they can put whatever year they want to on the paperwork.
I am glad you are keeping tabs on it all. Thanks for sorting things out for everyone. Like usual. For reference, what part of my statement was incorrect in my post?

tgejesse

I am glad you are keeping tabs on it all. Thanks for sorting things out for everyone. Like usual. For reference, what part of my statement was incorrect in my post?
Nothing was incorrect that you said but he is also correct about my point. I'm well aware the SF97 and EUC process are different processes. I'm just asking about the year that will come on the SF97 and ultimately the title.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Sf97 will have the date GP listed it even if it is wrong. They likely used the data plate date. GP are the ones who will print the sf97 as they are provided the blanks. What did the listing say?

FWIW, it will be nearly impossible to get someone there to fix it or give a hoot in getting it right. Customer service is not a common thing with gp.

Reactions: 98G

tgejesse

The Sf97 will have the date GP listed it even if it is wrong. They are the ones who will print it. What did the listing say?

FWIW, it will be nearly impossible to get someone there to fix it or give a hoot in getting it right. Customer service is not a common thing with gp.
The listing actually had no date specified anywhere.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think you are going to have an interesting time with this unit. I believe they will default to the data plate and you are correct as I did not see a clear picture to see what date it has. Looks like an original data plate and a reset data plate.

Not sure where you live, but I suspect you will have challenges. DMV and law enforcement will want what they can read on the data plate. They might not understand reset.

BTW, SS requires you to list your location in its rules, not USA

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nothing was incorrect that you said but he is also correct about my point. I'm well aware the SF97 and EUC process are different processes. I'm just asking about the year that will come on the SF97 and ultimately the title.
I've seen GP put the date from the data plate on titling documents, even when it's obvious that was a rebuild date.

I have even seen GP put the manufacture date of the engine on titling documents when the data plate was blank. Even when it was completely implausible. (Example- 1984 M923 had a new 2007 engine put in it. The GP titling documents said 2007.)

My experience has been that it is virtually impossible to get these errors corrected. GP flatly refuses. I consider that my due diligence has been done when I bring it to DMV's attention and ask for a correction. When they refuse, I'm done and no longer liable. You can't say I committed fraud when I made reasonable effort to have them fix it and they refuse.

In the same vein, I had a 5ton cargo truck that GP titled as being a 23000lb SUV, 4 cylinder and gasoline powered. In reality it had the same 6 cylinder NH250 diesel engine that all the rest of them do. This title took me over a year to get from GP, and they wouldn't fix it. I brought this to DMV's attention at transfer and they said they had to go by what was on the documents presented to them, not what was clearly sitting in their parking lot having just passed their inspection.

So, as long as you haven't engaged in knowingly making false statements, take the documents provided and run with them.

Your titling documents could have any date on them. It'll be interesting to see what they come up with. My best guess says you'll get a title that says 2009. Since this doesn't harm you in your usage, and didn't come about as the result of any misrepresentation on your part, I would advise to just let it be.

tgejesse

I've seen GP put the date from the data plate on titling documents, even when it's obvious that was a rebuild date.

I have even seen GP put the manufacture date of the engine on titling documents when the data plate was blank. Even when it was completely implausible. (Example- 1984 M923 had a new 2007 engine put in it. The GP titling documents said 2007.)

My experience has been that it is virtually impossible to get these errors corrected. GP flatly refuses. I consider that my due diligence has been done when I bring it to DMV's attention and ask for a correction. When they refuse, I'm done and no longer liable. You can't say I committed fraud when I made reasonable effort to have them fix it and they refuse.

In the same vein, I had a 5ton cargo truck that GP titled as being a 23000lb SUV, 4 cylinder and gasoline powered. In reality it had the same 6 cylinder NH250 diesel engine that all the rest of them do. This title took me over a year to get from GP, and they wouldn't fix it. I brought this to DMV's attention at transfer and they said they had to go by what was on the documents presented to them, not what was clearly sitting in their parking lot having just passed their inspection.

So, as long as you haven't engaged in knowingly making false statements, take the documents provided and run with them.

Your titling documents could have any date on them. It'll be interesting to see what they come up with. My best guess says you'll get a title that says 2009. Since this doesn't harm you in your usage, and didn't come about as the result of any misrepresentation on your part, I would advise to just let it be.
Best answer I could have asked for! Thank you. I look forward to seeing what GP pulls out from where the sun don't shine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks