• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Govplannet m1123 Barstow rebuild SF97 question

Havick206

I'm dealing with this right now with GP, the girl sent me the blank form and basically said put whatever you want on there for year. I picked the closest year to the manufacture serial number 183xxx - yom 1999. I was tempted to make it a 2021 just for a laugh.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here in Tx....brought the SF-97 and Re-assignment letter....No go......said I need a state title or Texas dealer letter.
The Iron planet re-assignment letter was no good....so contacted I.P. and they sent me a Florida re-assignment supplement letter., HSMV 82994... ...which Tx. accepted...good to go.

Last edited:

Havick206

Here in Tx....brought the SF-97 and Re-assignment letter....No go......said I need a state title or Texas dealer letter.
The Iron planet re-assignment letter was no good....so contacted I.P. and they sent me a Florida re-assignment supplement letter....which Tx. accepted...good to go.
MT is pretty straight forward apparently and is familiar with these rigs and SF97’s from what I’ve been told. Will keep you posted on my experience.

Action

The Iron planet re-assignment letter was no good....so contacted I.P. and they sent me a Florida re-assignment supplement letter....which Tx. accepted...good to go.
from when ispoke with GP rep, it sounded like we can pay the $150 any time after the sale, and get a title.

tgejesse

I'm dealing with this right now with GP, the girl sent me the blank form and basically said put whatever you want on there for year. I picked the closest year to the manufacture serial number 183xxx - yom 1999. I was tempted to make it a 2021 just for a laugh.
Did you have any issues that occurred to get to this point? Or is it standard for GP to send you documentation to fill out for SF97?

Havick206

Did you have any issues that occurred to get to this point? Or is it standard for GP to send you documentation to fill out for SF97?
So about half of the listings on GP have a note saying to add the SF97 to your cart on checkout/payment. Other listings say that it comes with a clean SF97 (that's what my listing said). In any event when I went to checkout there was no option to add the SF97 to my cart.

When I got the email saying my EUC was approved a couple of days ago, I called the EUC/SF97 customer service person to ask about the SF97 and she said they've been having intermittent issues with being able to add the SF97 to your cart on checkout.

In any event she sent me the blank form and I filled it in and sent it back then called and paid the $50 fee with a ccard over the phone once they loaded it into their system.

I think either way they need you to fill out the form to basically sign an attestation of the year of the vehicle if it's not specifically known (ie all the Barstow refurbs). If you've paid the SF97 $50 fee and haven't filled out any form and sent it back, and are still waiting on your SF97 this is probably the issue and is worth a quick phone call to follow up. GP surprisingly has actually been fairly proactive and helpful with my purchase.

They also said that if I have any issues getting my title with the SF97 they provide, I can send the SF97 back and then pay the $150 and they will provide a MT transferable title. I'm titling it in one of my entities that I own so I wanted to try and go it alone with an SF97 first.

Sounds like they have a few people in the admin side that seem to know what they're doing now to at least push the process along.

Moral to the story don't buy a HMMWV unless it already has a clean title, or be the first buyer from GP to get a title.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So about half of the listings on GP have a note saying to add the SF97 to your cart on checkout/payment. Other listings say that it comes with a clean SF97 (that's what my listing said). In any event when I went to checkout there was no option to add the SF97 to my cart.

When I got the email saying my EUC was approved a couple of days ago, I called the EUC/SF97 customer service person to ask about the SF97 and she said they've been having intermittent issues with being able to add the SF97 to your cart on checkout.

In any event she sent me the blank form and I filled it in and sent it back then called and paid the $50 fee with a ccard over the phone once they loaded it into their system.

I think either way they need you to fill out the form to basically sign an attestation of the year of the vehicle if it's not specifically known (ie all the Barstow refurbs). If you've paid the SF97 $50 fee and haven't filled out any form and sent it back, and are still waiting on your SF97 this is probably the issue and is worth a quick phone call to follow up. GP surprisingly has actually been fairly proactive and helpful with my purchase.

They also said that if I have any issues getting my title with the SF97 they provide, I can send the SF97 back and then pay the $150 and they will provide a MT transferable title. I'm titling it in one of my entities that I own so I wanted to try and go it alone with an SF97 first.

Sounds like they have a few people in the admin side that seem to know what they're doing now to at least push the process along.

Moral to the story don't buy a HMMWV unless it already has a clean title, or be the first buyer from GP to get a title.

Hope this helps.
"intermittent issues" sounds like "we don't always get around to clicking that box when we make the listing"
I had the exact same experience 2 years ago, and the wording "sells with a clean SF-97" is a blatant lie if you have to purchase it separately.

Action

"intermittent issues" sounds like "we don't always get around to clicking that box when we make the listing"
I had the exact same experience 2 years ago, and the wording "sells with a clean SF-97" is a blatant lie if you have to purchase it separately.
I always read into their statement as "this HMMWV does not have an off-road only stamp on the sf97".

Reactions: 98G

Havick206

I always read into their statement as "this HMMWV does not have an off-road only stamp on the sf97".
I called them before bidding to clarify and GP said the same thing. Their wording is misleading/confusing but you are correct in their intent of the statement.

It's just a clerical error that they sometimes don't let you add the SF97 on checkout.

DREDnot

I had the same problem with mine.

"sells with a clean SF97"
Cool.
No place to add one.
Cool, Cool.
Dont want to add 150 for title so good to check out.
Wait 6 months for EUC. Wait 30 days for SF97. Nothing. Called..."oh, you never requested one"...
Paid the 50 bucks 5 months ago....nothing but excuses and lip service since.
54 weeks since auction close...and counting...

Havick206

Cool.
No place to add one.
Cool, Cool.
Wait 6 months for EUC. Wait 30 days for SF97. Nothing. Called..."oh, you never requested one"...
Is yours out of CA or GA? Army vs USMC?

tobyS

Indiana titles the same from a bill of sale as it does from an SF97. I've bought and titled 18 military trucks and about that many trailers, 17 on BOS and 1 with SF97. They require police inspection but treat the bill of sale the same.....so why even get an SF97 unless your state will not title with BOS? Ask them. During police inspection is best time to work out details like vin and date, so the docs you take to BMV are what you want and match. I have had to request new vin numbers and affix an engraved plate on a couple trailers because of missing info, then have it inspected again....one I welded the 17 digit number on the tongue and it passed.

M1165A1

Cool.
No place to add one.
Cool, Cool.

DREDnot, at some point you call a lawyer. Just sayin'

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Title is $100, the SF97 is $50...so If you have an SF97, it’s an additional $100 to get the title.
GP uses the SF97 to convert to a title...so yes, a title is effectively $150
There is no ability to add the SF97 at checkout for a vehicle if:
1. No model year is listed in auction
2. No odometer mikes listed in auction

if either are missing, you have to manually fill out the application for SF97 and call in to pay the $50.

Havick206

GP also waits to send in the SF97’s to the dod (USMC or whoever) in batches. So your manually filled out form might sit for a month or so before they bother to send it in along with a bunch of others.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks