• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Govt liquidation & hillary?

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
FWIW, I've looked at several SEC, GAO and congressional documents on GL. Found no ties to Clinton, Whitewater, Rose law firm, etc.

HTH,
DD

FSINC

I was just notified by GL that they want me to return 25 items I bought in 2003, all I was given was an order and NSNs - I can't remember what I eat last night! This is not the first time and I am not going to buy from GL ever again.
Any one else have this problem?
Frank

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Re: RE: Govt liquidation & hillary?

FSINC said:
I was just notified by GL that they want me to return 25 items I bought in 2003, all I was given was an order and NSNs - I can't remember what I eat last night! This is not the first time and I am not going to buy from GL ever again.
Any one else have this problem?
Frank
The axe you have to grind about this is not with GL - but rather DoD - complain to your congresscritter. GL isn't the one who wants the stuff back, its Uncle Sugar, GL just has to do the fetching.

Regards,
David

jatonka

RE: Re: RE: Govt liquidation & hillary?

Regardless of who is to blame, this is a serious matter that should be delt with at a congressional level. We elect people(Human beings like us) to represent us(Human Beings) in congress. The stuff we buy is not going to change the world by any stretch of the imagination. There is no reason to blindly accept a demand to return stuff that was purchased 4 years ago to the Government when our government has not even kept the responsibility in house of monitoring what is and is not suitable to let into the hands of the common people(US). FSinc is not wrong in taking exception to this matter. Heck, I was notified last fall that I was going to have to file EUC's on 1.5 ton trailers that I purchased 4 years ago. Are these cargo trailers actually going to be able to do harm to our National security? Or if they fall into the wrong hands, say Iran, Can they do damage to our homeland. Bull. John Tennis

goldneagle

My friend just got a request to return some electronic gear he purchased a while back. Isn't it like closing the barn door after the horses already ran off? I wonder what would happen if he had already sold them to someone on EbAY? What would happen if he wrote back: "Sorry but Ahmed and Omar just picked them up last week and didn't leave any forwarding address."

I had to file an EUC for a trailer I purchased 6 moths earlier. At that time it did not need an EUC.

As messed up as our gov't is I am surprised we have not had more terrorist attacks on our homeland.. I think its just luck!!! SCARRY ISN"T IT!!!!!

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter

If you think our Govt. is scarry, just look around the world and take your pick. In spite of all that, there are a lot of good dedicated Folks in Govt. Service.

Lee in Alaska

goldneagle

It doesn't matter what the idiots around the world are doing. We should hold our government to a higher standard! Incompetence should not be tolerated at any level. Imagine if I sold you some tool or a trailer on Ebay and then 6 months later contacted you and said "I changed my mind, I want my trailer back". You would think I was out of my mind! But you say its ok for the government to do that?

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter

If they want the 6 or 7 SAIC V2 LC computers I have, I will allow them to buy them old 486's and 386's back for a sum that includes my inspection, research time and bandwidth costs, refurbishment, and storage costs. "It's all so ridiculous!" -to quote Ricky Ricardo. oops, he was a Cuban.. How silly can it get? "Just say no". you bought them legally, you cannot be deprived of your property. end of story.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Make sure you add a "10% return premium". If they wouldn't at least pay all the exepense you have associated with the item (pickup, repair, time, return cost, etc.) I would think you would have a pretty good lawsuit on your hands but I'm no lawyer.

Sephirothq

Dumb question

What happens if you don't have the equipment that they are requesting?

I had bought a few of the M105 trailers before they EUC's were required. I took the beds off for trucks and scrapped the rest of the frames.
How do you fill out the EUC for parts? I no longer have an M105A2 trailer. I have one box on a truck and that is about it.

steelandcanvas

Why can't we "reel in" GL? We all have a common interest here. There is strength in numbers, what do we have to do? Can we establish some sort of committee to address this? I'm willing to help, just don't know what to do!

jatonka

As posted earlier in this thread by David Doyle, It is the decision by DRMS (The government) to make GL make these "requests" to us. I am not supporting GL here at all,be sure of that, but it is our government making these Demill code changes and we should remember, as misguided as they may be, they did put it in the small print at bid time and we agreed to it in order to place a bid. JT out

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The people you want to reel in is DRMS, not GL.. DRMS is the ones doing the DEMIL code changes, not GL. GL just has to be the enforcer.

And if you want to compalin about it, read the fine print you signed when you bought the stuff.. You agreed to exactly this event when you bought the stuff....

sprucemt

Sephirothq said:
My question is how do you fill out an EUC for something that you don't have and you didn't get the info of the person who bought it?
Send a letter back to GL saying as such. I would not fill out the EUC. Item was sold prior to the need of an EUC.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks