• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GP controller card question

jakwi

Hi all,

I've been searching for two days now and I still can't find a schematic for the GP controller Card. I found the wiring diagram for the system, but not for the card itself. Does any one have a copy? I'm pretty sure I've seen it before.

My GP controller card quit working.

The wait light still cycles normally, but the card isn't controlling the GP relay.

I wired up a quick and dirty manual control, but I'd still like to figure out what happened with the stock controller. (so I know that the relay, and glow plugs are working)

I pulled my GP card out and it didn't look burned, none of the diodes and transistors were shorted, so that only leaves the IC, which from what I've read is a LM339.

Anyway, suggestions would be greatly appreceated.

thanks
Jason

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As far as I know, nobody has shared/posted the GP card schematic on this site.

I thought most people that have fixed failed cards, had replaced the power transistor. ( have some extra Transistors F/S)

I've also seen bad diode and circuit board failures.

At one time, I did have the IC number, but for some reason I decided it wasn't worth it to rebuild the cards.

There was a thread a while back, where someone was about to offer to repair the cards. Did you find that thread?

Try taking your card to your local Radio Shack. Make sure you find someone there who knows electronics well enough to operate a solder iron safely, and they may be able to fix it for you. I had a LED burned out on the circuit board of my 2006 Chevy 2500HDs AC control panel. The only way to fix it, according to the dealership I purchased the truck from, was to order the whole board for over $300. I went to R-shack and the guy behind the counter found the exact LED bulb I needed, and replaced both sides (it has the dual air control) for less than $3. Now I know this isn't the same as a GP contoller card, of which I bought 4 extra ones off e-bay, and sorry, but they are not F/S, but maybe you too can get blessed like I did with R-shack to the rescue.
Just my2cents

jakwi

I really thought I had seen it on here before, but maybe not, I haven't needed it until now.
I've found the IC number and the transistor number. LM339, and 2n6388 respectively. I'm actually pretty good with a soldering iron, so I guess I'll try swapping them out.

I did see the thread that offered repair services. I was just hoping to do it myself.

Anyway Thanks for the help, If I come across a schematic I'll post it.

Jason

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Before you start rebuilding the card, open the Tech Manual and check out the Glow Plug system first. There is a step by step procedure to check the system.

It may well be the card but you won't know until you diagnose the complete system.

With a multimeter it only takes a few minutes.

jakwi

Warthog,

That is a good point, and that is what I did, In the end it still led me to the Card. I believe it was the final transistor, but I replaced both that and the IC. When I went to buy an LM339 (IC), and 2n6388(Transistor) they gave me an NTE263 (transistor) and an NTE834 (IC, quad comparitor). I replaced them, and it works, so I'm a happy camper. Anyway I just wanted to post my results.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks