• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GP Module Theory of Operation

Status
Not open for further replies.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It should be 12 ish.

It should be the same in and out of the relay(with the GPs on). If it is not, your relay is bad.

rodman68

I didnt check the input voltage I will do that next time, so I should have closer to 12 volts. I still have the resistor so some more troubleshooting will be needed I did find out my temp sensor is bad didnt know the glow plugs shouldn't cycle when warm

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the input and output voltage is not the same(relay activated), that shows the relay is bad(has resistance), which is most likely bad/dirty contacts.

Complete diagnostics are covered in the -20TM.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This thread is NOT to be used to troubleshoot your individual system. It is a discussion of how the system works.

If you are having issues, start your own thread.

Or if you have some additions or corrections, please let me know.

Last edited:

antennaclimber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just a couple of friendly hints when servicing the GP module (card).

When removing the card from the plastic housing/connector:

1. Do not use metal needle nose pliers or other metal tools to remove or insert the card. This can possibly damage components on the card.
2. Ensure that the card is NOT powered up when removing or inserting the card. This can possibly damage the card.
3. Do Not combine actions 1 and 2 when removing a card, doing this will ensure that the card is damaged.

I usually grasp the card holder with my left hand and then pull the card out with my right hand index finger and thumb, wiggle the card slightly while pulling the card out.

While the card is out, clean the card edge connectors with a pen eraser (if you can still find them) or cotton swab with electrical contact cleaner on it.

When inserting the card back in the housing , check to make sure that it is in the guide slots and is fully engaged with the metal contacts on the connector end.

This info is to help prevent a few of the failures that I have seen in the past couple of years.

Thank you.

Karl

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks