• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GP relay card mounting...

taildragger03

I have noticed in multiple pictures of CUCV's, the the GP relay card box just seems to hang under the dash. How was the card box mounted originally?

Randy

A plastic push pin "christmas tree" slides into a track on the back of the relay control card box and pushes into a hole on or near the steering column bracket. When you remove the box the pin stays with the bracket up under the dash and I have never been able to reattach the box without getting a pair of pliers and pulling the pin out of the bracket first. It's a pain so most folks may not do it, and the box just hangs. I'd bet the push pin is almost always still there.

ODdave

A plastic push pin "christmas tree" slides into a track on the back of the relay control card box and pushes into a hole on or near the steering column bracket. When you remove the box the pin stays with the bracket up under the dash and I have never been able to reattach the box without getting a pair of pliers and pulling the pin out of the bracket first. It's a pain so most folks may not do it, and the box just hangs. I'd bet the push pin is almost always still there.

Now thats some usefull info. Thanks for the read[thumbzup]

edpdx

Use a square of the Heady Duty Velcro. But the fuzzy side about 1.25"sq and the other side smaller- about 3/4"sq. Clean the surfaces with alcohol. Apply the smaller square to the GP "box". This makes removing (separating) them an easy task and you wont end up pulling one off by the adhesive back.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks