• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GP relay re-supply

camojcory

i have read posts on re-suppling your GP relay with 12v from the diamond shaped buss next to the GP relay so if one GP goes out it doesn't create a domino effect on the others.

i am a little confused, it seems there are two ways to do this, one involves a 6" jumper wire and the other simply pulls the wire from the resistors and uses that.

my question is do these both do the same thing? is one better than the other? and do i really want to do this as i am told it will now pull from only one battery?

camojcory

forgot to ask, replacing my GP relay for good measure, which GP relay is better to use? mine has a st-85 in it now, but i have read threads with guys using the GPR109. the 109 cost about half as much but doesn't mount in directly. are guys using it because it's cheaper or because it's better?

Barrman

Mine has the resistor not only bypassed, but on the shelf in the shop. I figured if 12 volt plugs don't ever need to see 24 volts, the best way to make sure they didn't was to make only a 12 volt power supply to them.

We have had mid 20° mornings the last few days and we might see maybe another 20 that cold before summer moves back in. Therefore, I have no worries about my front battery being over worked. You living where you do need to decide for yourself what to do. Mine works great by the way.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks