• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GP sold $37k HMMWV, what am I missing?

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
To be honest though it checks almost all the boxes, someone "worked" this truck over.
The truck is equipped very nicely,,, seats, doors, spare tire, bumper/brush guard etc. etc....everything looks to be working, was rebuilt in 2015, the A/C was not checked, and something really strange is going on with the fan belt but overall a really nice truck.
It does look like it was worked over with some rattle cans, I mean if you are going to make the effort......

Last edited:

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine has rust and I would not sell it for less than $7000. This is NOT a regular hard top. It is an HMC4 top.

Last edited:

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
To be honest though it checks almost all the boxes, someone "worked" this truck over.
The truck is equipped very nicely,,, seats, doors, spare tire, bumper/brush guard etc. etc....everything looks to be working, was rebuilt in 2015, the A/C was not checked, and something really strange is going on with the fan belt but overall a really nice truck.
It does look like it was worked over with some rattle cans, I mean if you are going to make the effort......
There is no "fan" belt.

Gear drive. Just funnnnin, CAMO

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’m sorry, but there is no separate rear wall, it is all integrated in the top. That is a civilian HMC4 top that has been converted to military use. That is why the top is so special.

EDIT- a little birdie sent me a private message. That top is not the HMC4 top that I have on my M1165. It is different. My apologies.

IMG_4973.jpegIMG_1630.jpegIMG_0953.jpeg

Last edited:

windtrader

Did a bit more research on GP and indeed the hard top seems to be the feature that drives prices up. Following is the results of recent GP sales and nearly all the most expensive are hard tops.

Very few sell north of $23k. only about a dozen of over 2125 auction sales. 10 of those are hard tops, rare indeed.

2023-12-20_20-06-04.jpg2023-12-20_20-06-04.jpg

Last edited:

Dave2018

Steel Soldiers Supporter

looking over the details I'm at a loss how this fetched so much money? What is special about this that I must be missing.
Its missing a couple things. One is the flywheel half cover. And the belt looks bad when running. guess California has money to burn.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M1165A1 REV’s have always sold for the highest prices, especially running trucks with X-doors, the doors alone are a $4-5k value.
Why you ask? It’s pure aesthetics, as any M11XX late model truck is the same platform, an M1151 just needs a rear wall added and you have an M1165A1, all the while…m1151A1’s sell for a fraction of the cost…I’m sure most of it is also just the fact the buyers have no clue about the model of trucks.

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Keep in mind that California stupid money also comes into play. That same truck if sold in Georgia probably would have only reached the mid twenties. I watch all kinds of stuff and vehicles. Everything east of Las Vegas and north of the Oregon border usually sells much cheaper than the vehicles and stuff out of Yermo/Las Vegas and Doyle. Its like the unwritten California gas tax......take away all state and federal taxes, and you will see that California gas will still be 25 cents higher (or more) than every other state except maybe Alaska and Hawaii.

sue

Keep in mind that California stupid money also comes into play. That same truck if sold in Georgia probably would have only reached the mid twenties. I watch all kinds of stuff and vehicles. Everything east of Las Vegas and north of the Oregon border usually sells much cheaper than the vehicles and stuff out of Yermo/Las Vegas and Doyle. Its like the unwritten California gas tax......take away all state and federal taxes, and you will see that California gas will still be 25 cents higher (or more) than every other state except maybe Alaska and Hawaii.
And back curtain uses the stock half turn fasteners

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks