• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Grave yard of the Rusty and dead CUCV's

cucvrus

More CUCV Mayhem

019.jpg001.jpg015.jpg010.jpg002.jpg003.jpg005.jpg007.jpg017.jpg014.jpgMore Mayhem and horror. This is what happens when and an older man has the heart and mind of a younger man. I just don't have the time and energy to do all the work I used to. I really like the hobby but have less time to work on it as I get older. Family comes first then job. Hobby is on the bottom of the list. Since I don't need any of these to drive I just let them sit. I make a goal to do something everyday no matter how little it is. I get something done.

avlon01

I had the same problem once - I owned about 6 M38A1's and I was going to get to them "soon". The reality was I never got to work on any of them and they were rotting faster than I could repair them. It was also created stress since every time I looked at them I was reminder about my grand plans to have a bunch of running M38A1's and it wasn't happening. It was making me mad and disappointed in myself.

Eventually sold all of them and bought one restored running one, spare parts, and cash in my pocket. Best decision I ever made!

I know how hard it is to sell something you think you invested a lot of time and money into, but cut your losses and get something that runs and you can focus on. It's much more fun!

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know EXACTLY how you feel !!! It does get harder the older we get . I have several projects in the works now , everything in "IT's" time !!! LOL

amgeneral72

I had the same problem once - I owned about 6 M38A1's and I was going to get to them "soon". The reality was I never got to work on any of them and they were rotting faster than I could repair them. It was also created stress since every time I looked at them I was reminder about my grand plans to have a bunch of running M38A1's and it wasn't happening. It was making me mad and disappointed in myself.

Eventually sold all of them and bought one restored running one, spare parts, and cash in my pocket. Best decision I ever made!

I know how hard it is to sell something you think you invested a lot of time and money into, but cut your losses and get something that runs and you can focus on. It's much more fun!

Im almost to the point you were, but Im only up to 5 M38A1s.

AirForceOne

Wow that's a lot have acquired! How many are running and driving? The M1009 with the roof rack looks to be in pretty good shape, minus the front clip of course.

cucvrus

Wow that's a lot have acquired! How many are running and driving? The M1009 with the roof rack looks to be in pretty good shape, minus the front clip of course.
It runs but needs a frame. My son ran it into a light post on the Marine Reserve parking lot in Allentown PA. He lost the light post won it was solid concrete up 4 ft. Shame I had just redone the entire truck. The interior is Line X and the lift is new. It had 33 12.50 Yokohama MT's. It was mine for 15 years in pure stock form. I bought from New Mexico NG with 3200 miles on it in 1996. It was like new.

MarcusOReallyus

Nice load of firewood there. The tailgate looks like it's had a few too many rounds of wood rolled across it! :D

I had the same problem with my last truck, and will probably with my 1028. One of these days I'll build a stronger tailgate with a 2" square tube frame.

dougco1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like you need to build another barn just to store the spare parts. That's all that's stopping me from adding to my collection.

cucvrus

Finished drive line repairs

CUCV Lock out 003.jpgCUCV Lock out 005.jpgCUCV Lock out 004.jpgProgress. I completed the front axle repairs on the Mean Green M1009. That was my goal for yesterday. Today I will replace the rear u-joint in the drive shaft. I swear kids will drive things till they don't go no more. The wrecked Semper Fi M1009 was driven till it went no more. The Mean Green M1009 just drove in circles because of bad outer axle joints. After I changed the axle joints I went up the road and drove it. I was afraid to go over 20 MPH the U joint was that bad it sounded like you were driving over rubble strips. He never mentioned that. He was only concerned with the steering. He thought that was tire noise. Kids.
Well after a trip to the Autozone the issue was resolved in a matter of minutes. New Lifetime warranted U-Joint. (-$20) He said that sounds better. I told him I balanced the tires. He laughed. Said its been dong that noise for a couple months.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks