• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Graves Mountain MV Trailrides and Rally, September 1-5, 2016

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is it a Hawken?
TC Renegade .54, shooting patched round balls on top of 80-100 grains Pyrodex. Nice comfortable load. I'm an iron sights shooter and load by feel. I have been scoffed at by the centerfire primed and scoped-200+ grain guys, but I also tend to hit what I'm aiming at and don't need a spotting scope to locate my target :) .

Bulldogger

Last edited:

Another Ahab

TC Renegade .54, shooting patched round balls on top of 80-100 grains Pyrodex. Nice comfortable load. I'm an iron sights shooter and load by feel. I have bene scoffed at by the centerfire primed and scoped-200+ grain guys, but I also tend to hit what I'm aiming at and don't need a spotting scope to locate my target .

Bulldogger
You go, Brother; that's great! [thumbzup]

Ford Mechanic

Hey guys is there anywhere up there to buy things like camper toilet paper, holding tank Chem, etc... we're running low and wondering if a Wally world trip needs to happen tonight.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a country store right there but obviously a slight premium on price and small selection. But they should carry what you need.

Last edited:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is also a Wally World in Ruckersville about 10 miles north of Charlottesville on US-29, left hand side of the road as you are going north and at a fairly large intersection. We will be stopping there to pick up some supplies that don't travel well (from past experience).

Ford Mechanic

We ended up borrowing a couple supplies from my brother's camper. I didn't remember that we were low last time out. We might head that way one day while we're up there.

Another Ahab

There is also a Wally World in Ruckersville about 10 miles north of Charlottesville on US-29, left hand side of the road as you are going north and at a fairly large intersection. We will be stopping there to pick up some supplies that don't travel well (from past experience).
You bet, I know the one; right next door to the Lowe's. How far from Graves Mountain is the ride from there (+/-)?

Ford Mechanic

Finally home! We had a great time! Everyone should come next year! Thanks to Garbee for putting the event on!

The trip home was a little stressful, Amber's brakes and trans overheated in Charlottesville in the traffic. Luckily she caught it before it boiled over or caused a problem. Then my 923 blew a Pinion seal somewhere before Suffolk.

I hope everyone else's trip home was a little less exciting!

Another Ahab

New artwork on my bumper from catching a falling m37
TheeDIZ has that artwork going on his rig, too, I think. Is that a club you all belong to or something?!

And thanks for all the pics. That looked like a fine event!

Is that a lake in the background?

rigs.jpg