• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Grease

FreightTrain

Banned
The Yellow stuff at Napa.Comes in a 4Lb bucket or a standard tube.Bearing and Chassis Grease.You could always do like I plan.buy a full 5 gallon bucket of GAA for about 50 bucks.Come out way ahead doing it like that.1 bucket should last about a life time.I used 2 of the 4 pounders for my deuce on the front axle when I went totally through it and less than a full tube when I greased all the Zerks.Getcha a bucket pump and your set.Fill the handy dandy grease gun from the bucket and use the pump to grease removable stuff.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Buy a pneumatic grease gun....just trust me.....and get a good one that can continually pump (automatic).

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm down to my last 3, 5 gallon pails of GAA (Thanks Wayne). It's been a blessing having that much on hand.

papercu

grease

Gee 50 bucks for 5 gal? Guess I'll have to raise my prices. 10.00 per 5 gal of military GAA. Cans are rusty from setting outside but inside is nice and shiny.
Might not be such a great deal if you need to ship, I think net weight is about 35 lbs? Wayne

5tonpuller

I use bearing greese in tubes. Yes I have a air gun. ( the only way to fly )
With over 150 fittings on a wrecker air is nice. Napa has it in tubes. I was using some
EP blue stuff but they did not have it at the Napa store when I was there.
This stuff is red. My $0.05 worth.

acetomatoco

RE: grease

You can use the cheapest chassis lube you can find.. as the trucks were designed for it... and use GL1 in your gearboxes when specified on your lube order. Your lube order will also tell you the locati;on and number of fittings and which lube to use in them...lube orders are available separately and are also in the original manuals...

papercu

grease

Not giving you a short answer but I hope, NEVER! I had to put with those crazy drivers when I worked there and I can't imagine they gotten any better. Wayne

CGarbee

Re: grease

papercu said:

Ahhh, Agri-Supply... One of my favorite places (main store location/warehouse is six miles from the house...). I spend way too much money there... :)

I second the motion about the air (or the battery operated) grease guns. It takes a good afternoon for me to do all the zerks in the backyard these days...

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since houston floods alot. I use boat trailor wheel bearing grease. It stays put untill i can repack everything after the clouds clear out.