• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Great Accessory for a M135Cdn.

cmpman

Here are some shots of my M135 after it got a better roof (not walked on nearly as much as the old one) and a gallon of Gillespie 24087 paint. It is attached to my C1 (Cdn version of the M2A2).

Still have to do the brakes on her, but as she sits she starts first crank, and purrs like a kitten.

I installed the double PTO on it, so it powers the winch, and in the future may be modified for a hyab crane.

Tarp is one of the newer M35Cdn tarps out of the ripstop vinyl. I have a fairly new original M135 tarp, but need to do some repair to it before I can install it.

Without further adieu, here are some photos.
july2014 c1 002.jpg

july2014 c1 004.jpg

july2014 c1 005.jpg

july2014 c1 003.jpg

july2014 c1 006.jpg

Last edited:

cmpman

Can you go into the double pto.

Love it!
What I mean by the double PTO is that I have used one from a dump deuce. They were also used on the various tank type trucks. It is an auxilery drive that sits on top of the regular PTO and provides a second individual PTO out the rear. It's perfect for things like a hydraulic pump or the water or fuel pumps associated with the tankers.

ke5eua

What I mean by the double PTO is that I have used one from a dump deuce. They were also used on the various tank type trucks. It is an auxilery drive that sits on top of the regular PTO and provides a second individual PTO out the rear. It's perfect for things like a hydraulic pump or the water or fuel pumps associated with the tankers.
Ahh, gotcha. Looks great though. Working on the artillery, well the treat was getting to test fire it after you worked on it.

cmpman

You need to get a "Don't Tailgate" sticker for the back.. ha! Looks great, and it's a perfect accessory for any MV!
The C1 is actually a bit heavy for anything smaller than the deuce. For the lighter MVs, I have this:
july2014 c1 008.jpg
Here is a shot of the pair of guns from the back.
july2014 c1 009.jpg
My new(er) deuce....a M35Cdn MLVW
july2014 c1 006.jpg
My little one. The first vehicle I ever drove was one of these back when I first joined the militia at 16.
july2014 c1 007.jpg
The vehicles are getting ready for an upcoming display which is why they are all lined up in the yard right now. Still trying to get the Bren carrier finished up before Wednesday.

Last edited:

oboyjohn

Hi cmpman. You have a great looking collection of green iron!!:D I am thinking of diving in head first and starting a collection myself. I would start small with an Iltis or like your M37 Jeep, but I would love to have a MLVW. I worked on them for 26 years in the reserves so I would have no problem fixing them. But in the mean time, I can dream. Keep up the good work!!!

cmpman

Yes it is. If you look in the artillery section of G503.com, there is a thread there on my build of it. It was basically scrap iron and a lot of ebay purchases.

Section8

So much green iron. You are an army into yourself Cmpman. Can I enlist?
How did you manage to find a MLVW? I have looked and looked and was told that they were either all shipped over seas after we were done with them or went straight to the scrap yard. No civilian purchases were allowed.

cmpman

Around 2007, they were disposing of them to the public, usually tagged as salvage or scrap. One owner in particular made a fuss that they were tagged as such, so the DND changed their policy and started sending them to selected federal pens for dismantling. The tires were sold in a separate contract, and certain critical parts were removed at the pens and returned to the DND system. The bulk of the parts were destroyed or mutilated and sent as scrap.

Any that were overseas in Afghanistan were brought back.

Due to some treasury board oversight, the DND is now faced with retaining the MLVWs in regular force service, possibly until 2018 or so. But the militia MLVWs are all pretty much gone now, replaced with the International Defense MSVS.

Mine was actually a roll over. I have done the necessary repairs, and am still missing a few cosmetic parts yet, but am certain they will show up eventually.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks