• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Great day today..."Optimus Prime" Lives!

monstermog

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well...Elton was a God send. He was able to fix several things...
1)No start...fixed...starter will need replacing someday. It works now.
2)Jake Brake...hi/low fixed
3)Air leak -identified leak...new fitting needed.
4)Tire leak...fixed(fixed two rims with loose nuts securing bead to tire)
5)Drive test good 20 miles
6)Dimmer switch - needs replacing
7)Winch test for all 3-winches good
8)Glad hands air test good...rear, 5th, front (no trailer supply)haven't identified yet.
9)Located future battery disconnect ... (will add to shut down all power to prevent future drainage)
10)Oil sender on oil pan needs to be changed
11)Front marker lights need new bulbs
12)Service all grease joints soon
13)Oil, Air filter, and hydraulic levels good
14)Took Elton too Shooting Blanks had a nlast...no charge. Thank you Kevin and Arnie...Andrew...JJ
15)Wishing my wife could see the smile on my face when the truck started.

Attachments

Hummermark

Get greasing soon mine took a lot of grease do not think the military did it recently as u jays took far more than a top up and track rod end ball joints crusty stale grease came out of them all till the new grease emerged and get some new 40wt 2stroke diesal oil in the engine your engine and oil gauge will be happier.

monstermog

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll be using Pro One#2 grease...it holds up better and is supreme. 40wt if I can find it up here in the Baaken...seems funny we'd have an issue with that up here in the oil patch. STRAIGHT 30 is my next choice.

Need to order a new dimmer switch anybody have one they want to sell?
Curious question...what kind've wax or grease do they use on winch cables...I'll be reading the manuals but sometimes what the manuals say and what is available is different things. Comparable?

DrillerSurplus

I'll be using Pro One#2 grease...it holds up better and is supreme. 40wt if I can find it up here in the Baaken...seems funny we'd have an issue with that up here in the oil patch. STRAIGHT 30 is my next choice.

The Detroit 2 strokes are very particular about the motor oil's viscosity and ash content. It is worth getting the correct oil if you are going to run it for a while.

There have been several good threads posted about this here on SS. Even the current 2012 MTU diesel "Fluid & Lubricant Specifications" publication calls for low ash straight 40 wt.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?71426-HEMTT-M984E1-Wrecker-on-the-mend/page3 post#5 & #8
JDToumanian; You may already know this said:
Anyway, you don't have to feel like because you have a consensus you can "take our word for it"... This stuff is very easy to verify. Compare these....[/COLOR]

https://cglapps.chevron.com/msdspds/...&docFormat=PDF

https://cglapps.chevron.com/msdspds/...&docFormat=PDF

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?126210-M1070-Stalling-problem/page2 Post #17

Chevron's Delo 100 40 weight has been the standard for many fleet owners for a long time. It is available in lots of locations, O'Reillys Auto used to carry it & many of the marine stores too. The Delo 400 is more available, but has a much higher ash content -almost twice that of Delo 100.

monstermog

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just an update....Truck started this morning and it ran fine...went to town and it was all of a sudden...like a break...sudden loss of power. Idle only...limped it back to base....idle is smooth but rough at higher rpms. Will change filters....(1)passenger side fuel filter and one fuel water seperator.

Possible issues...
Fuel filter
Crack in line and suckling air...
Eaton blower not performing...
Holset turbo malfunctioning
or wiring issue...

hummer4x4guy

Has the 1070 been sitting long? I went to recover one which must of been sitting for months. It would start find and idle fine and even drove for about 300' then once on the road it would barely move. After about 2-3 hours of it idling and checking fluids (the trans fluid was over full) the trans fluid finally got into the places it was meant to be in and it started to drive fine. Just my once experience with this truck as something to keep in mind.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks